11 replies to this topic

#1 moh.sakhaii

moh.sakhaii

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:36 PM

Is it possible to read liteon firmware, if you have the key without MRA?
It didn't occur to me that this is possible. Anyone?
As why I need to know, It's interesting for me how Microsoft might do it. biggrin.gif
Thanks in advance.

#2 Buzzcut

Buzzcut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

Having the key is irrelevant to getting the firmware.

The whole firmware without MRA no, but you can get the key from v7 using probe and v8-1 using lo83info.

How M$ do it I've no idea, maybe Bill eats the board and 24 hours later dumps the firmware......

#3 Dark Mod

Dark Mod

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Interests:Electronic services and upgrades
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE(Buzzcut @ Aug 6 2010, 09:59 AM) View Post

How M$ do it I've no idea, maybe Bill eats the board and 24 hours later dumps the firmware......

think he'll need ketchup with that?....lol laugh.gif

#4 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:37 PM

Microsoft doesn't need to read the key or firmware. They certainly have a database of them and even if they didn't they can change or read the key from the motherboard.

#5 moh.sakhaii

moh.sakhaii

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Aug 6 2010, 07:07 PM) View Post

Microsoft doesn't need to read the key or firmware. They certainly have a database of them and even if they didn't they can change or read the key from the motherboard.

No, I didn't mean this. You know, there are a couple of news floating around the web, that the new dashboard might detect your firmware and ban you. I wonder how is this possible for even Microsoft without chewing the board biggrin.gif

#6 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE(moh.sakhaii @ Aug 6 2010, 10:11 AM) View Post

No, I didn't mean this. You know, there are a couple of news floating around the web, that the new dashboard might detect your firmware and ban you. I wonder how is this possible for even Microsoft without chewing the board biggrin.gif

I don't think anyone knows that for sure...

#7 Spegs12

Spegs12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:43 AM

If this is for a JTAG you don't need to read the firmware. Just do a manual spoof of the key on the LT firmware and flash it.

#8 moh.sakhaii

moh.sakhaii

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(Spegs12 @ Aug 7 2010, 07:13 AM) View Post

If this is for a JTAG you don't need to read the firmware. Just do a manual spoof of the key on the LT firmware and flash it.

No, friend. I don't know, if you read my post. My concern is about Microsoft beating us in the next dashboard update, while it actually looks impossible to me. Microsoft can't dump our firmware, it's only possible with hard modifications for liteons, how the hell they are supposed to do this for Ixtreme LT + liteon?

Edited by moh.sakhaii, 07 August 2010 - 05:28 PM.

#9 superfireball123

superfireball123

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:51 PM

I think LT will have updates that will keep it undetectable while all unstealth firmware could be instantly detected and you could be flagged and banned.

#10 Juvenal1228

Juvenal1228

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:56 AM

honestly, in my opinion MS cannot read the entire firmware off a drive remotely, the only reason drives were being detected was all the "extras" that were put in, such as the half tray to read and such. what MS probably did was do checks that look for the drive in vendor mode or unknown/modified drive responses due to additions to the FW. or (most likely) MS could read drive FW hashes, as i know my standard dvd drive can read out the md5 of its firmware.

And as for LT being "stealth" and "Live safe" no one knows and no one will ever know unless someone in MS leaks the full capability of their detection routines.

#11 moh.sakhaii

moh.sakhaii

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE(Juvenal1228 @ Aug 8 2010, 03:26 AM) View Post

honestly, in my opinion MS cannot read the entire firmware off a drive remotely, the only reason drives were being detected was all the "extras" that were put in, such as the half tray to read and such. what MS probably did was do checks that look for the drive in vendor mode or unknown/modified drive responses due to additions to the FW. or (most likely) MS could read drive FW hashes, as i know my standard dvd drive can read out the md5 of its firmware.

And as for LT being "stealth" and "Live safe" no one knows and no one will ever know unless someone in MS leaks the full capability of their detection routines.

Yeah, I agree with you friend.

#12 Syn201

Syn201

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(moh.sakhaii @ Aug 6 2010, 01:36 PM) View Post

Is it possible to read liteon firmware, if you have the key without MRA?
It didn't occur to me that this is possible. Anyone?
As why I need to know, It's interesting for me how Microsoft might do it. biggrin.gif
Thanks in advance.

they got shit loads of money so they can do anything (ms) if there wasent a way from to read there own drives
then they sure as hell would throw enough cash at it until they found one .

they probably just generate random details via some algorithm which makes up keep write it to blank eprom
wack in throw 9 ton of sticky crap around move on well a robot probably does anyways .

no modded fw can ever be totally safe only way to be safe is have one offline box and one on
but if your a dick like me youl have them both online 24/7
ban me if they want i don't much care i would be losing 20gbp the amount of money the flashed console has saved from having to buy new games more than makes up for it ( ie waw installed to hdd legit copy scratched to crap dirty disk error before loading screen cleaned up enough to dump ripped game back shame the game sucks balls)..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users