5 replies to this topic

#1 Aeooioio

Aeooioio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hi guys,

I've never played Mass Effect 1, but I just recently rented Mass Effect 2. Since I just started playing yesterday, I haven't gotten very far (picked up Mordin and Garrus so far). Would you guys suggest that I go back and play Mass Effect 1 first? Would that be semi-necessary in order to understand some of the finer subtleties in terms of relationships, history, etc.? Or am I not missing much?

#2 red_ring_of_box

red_ring_of_box

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:46 PM

I think you might be able to piece together most of the story but there are some parts you will be missing or not understanding right away. Besides that Mass Effect 1 is a great game and once you are done that you can actually import your character into Mass Effect 2 and all of the decisions you made in ME1 will effect how your ME2's story line will go.

#3 blipidy

blipidy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:47 PM

it isn't needed but i would highly recommend it.
i thought mass effect one was a great game, wish i had played it sooner tho. i remember picking it up and putting it back down on the shelf several times at the rental store a long time ago because i wasn't sure if i would like it or how it would be. by the time i finally got around to playing it, i wished i had picked it up earlier. but i wanted to play the first one before the second one.

if you really dont want to invest the time in playing the first one tho, there is a mass effect wiki page that bridges some of the things that are carried over between tho two games, but like stated before, if you do play me1, you can import your character into the second one.

#4 bobby5511

bobby5511

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE(Aeooioio @ Aug 6 2010, 05:13 PM) View Post

Hi guys,

I've never played Mass Effect 1, but I just recently rented Mass Effect 2. Since I just started playing yesterday, I haven't gotten very far (picked up Mordin and Garrus so far). Would you guys suggest that I go back and play Mass Effect 1 first? Would that be semi-necessary in order to understand some of the finer subtleties in terms of relationships, history, etc.? Or am I not missing much?

You SHOULD go play Mass Effect 1 to understand more about Mass Effect 2. The game gets quite hard to understand if you have not played the 1st one. My source came from me because i played Mass Effect 2 first D:

#5 bigboys

bigboys

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE(bobby5511 @ Aug 22 2010, 09:36 PM) View Post

You SHOULD go play Mass Effect 1 to understand more about Mass Effect 2. The game gets quite hard to understand if you have not played the 1st one. My source came from me because i played Mass Effect 2 first D:

agreed !

#6 jacksonfun

jacksonfun

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:48 AM

go for it./

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users