• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Reflexdarky

Reflexdarky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

hi guys i have a issue with my xbox it has a alx2 mod chip and i have fked it right up i was messing about with linux boot menu and have accdently erased the bios on the chip i am try to figure out how i can restore it i tryed the eurasia cd but it keeps displaying an error and xflash doesnt load so now i am totaly stuck. if i hold eject and power in together i get the back up bank load but if i hold just the power i get the front light go red then green red then greeen and doesnt do anythingl. where should i go with it next

cheers Rob

#2 Reflexdarky

Reflexdarky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

okie i got the chip working again i used slayes final auto installer cd but now i want to install a vga bios to the xbox any ideas guys

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

Try Frosty and Xman945's VGA boot disc first, just to confirm that your VGA cable and monitor will work properly with your Xbox.

To flash the BIOS, first find a VGA BIOS that will fit on your chip. Install Evox dash somewhere on your Xbox - E:\Dashboard\Evox\ makes sense. Create a BIOS directory under the Evox directory, and put your VGA BIOS in there. Run Evox, Select System Utils - Flash BIOS, then scroll to your BIOS, and press A.

#4 Reflexdarky

Reflexdarky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:25 PM

i just tried that the boot cd works fine and i have the bios now downloaded and in the folder layout like you said to but i am unable to find the flashing option in evo dashboard is there somthing i could be doing wrong here

#5 Reflexdarky

Reflexdarky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:38 PM

oke got the flash menu now to appear in evox dash it was commented out in the ini file. now im having trouble finding a bios that will fit my mod chip with vga i went ova to xbins and grabed the
FrostyTheSnowman_Xman954_X2_5035_VGA_BIOS_v1.0_fixed but when i go to flash that it say that error file size error is the rom to big to fit onto the chip or is this another problem

thanks rob

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

.... so you need to find a 256k VGA BIOS. I'm sure there are VGA versions of iND-BIOS.5001, Evox M8+, and X2.4981, all of which are 256k. You'll just have to do a bit of searching on xbins.

#7 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:32 AM

I've just done a quick search, and there aren't as many VGA BIOSes on Xbins as I thought. However, everything you need is still available. There are a couple of pre-patched BIOSes, but more importantly there are patchers to allow you to convert any BIOS into a VGA BIOS (VGA_Patcher_v0.8.rar, Evox_M8plus_VGA_Patcher_v0.8_bugfix.rar), and they both come with simple instructions.

There's also a pile of BFM VGA BIOSes (Frostys_BFM_VGA_BIOS_Pack.rar), so you can test them with PBL before flashing.

The BIOSes to consider are iND-BIOS.5003 , Evox M8+, and X2.4981.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users