• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 buttonmash1989

buttonmash1989

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:50 PM

I want to rebuild my C drive with the original BIOS files, when i put in the Slayers 2.7 CD, i have a few options.

However im not sure as to which option i should go for as some of them look as if they would reverse my softmod. What should i do?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

You don't rebuild the C partition with BIOS files. You might want to put stock C dash files on there, but depending on your softmod it might overwrite the softmod and leave your Xbox unmodded. That's why, in general, you shouldn't use Slayers on a softmodded Xbox, as it says very clearly in the Slayers manual.

So, which softmod is on your Xbox, and what exactly are you trying to achieve?

#3 buttonmash1989

buttonmash1989

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:51 PM

I used ndure, and what im trying to do is get a working MS dashboard because right now i cant seem to change any video options.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

Which NDURE - Krayzie, Kingroach or SID?

If you have a shadow C (i.e. your current C partition is empty) then you just use your current dash to manually copy the stock C files from Slayers (system\all\C) to the empty C partition on your Xbox. If you don't have shadow C then things get more complicated. Knowing which sofftmod you used will help.

However, to change the video mode you will need to disable virtual eeprom, otherwise the changes won't stick. You do that differently for different softmods, so you need to know which softmod you used. If you are trying to enable HD then you might also want to read this guide.

#5 buttonmash1989

buttonmash1989

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:15 PM

Well i used http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=496263 to softmod my XBOX.

The problem is i cant copy the original dash files into C, it just keeps giving me an error.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

Get shadowc.img from your Kingroach NDURE 3.1 files on your PC (or run Kingroach NDURE 3.1 again to make a new one). On your Xbox run ndure toolset, then use FTP to delete C:\shadowc\shadowc.img from your real C, and replace it with the clean copy from your PC. Reboot, and you'll be able to put the MS Dash on your clean shadow C.

#7 buttonmash1989

buttonmash1989

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:57 PM

Hmm okay, but this brings me to my biggest problem, I cant FTP anymore ='(

Sorry to have to drag this on, but before i used to connect using 192.168.1.75 even when dashboard said 192.168.0.100 (that doesnt work, and when i first modded my XBOX 1.75 is what i got and initially let me FTP).

Ive since updated to newest UnleashX and the proper IP comes up on the bottom, only now its 192.168.1.79 (and now 80).

When i try putting in the details into WinSCP, it simply says connecting to device and hangs. How can i sort this out, would be a great help as my DVD drive is busted.

#8 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:47 PM

The history of your Xbox IP address is of no interest or relevance.

What are your PC and Xbox IP addresses?

Can you ping your Xbox from your PC?

Try disabling your firewall.

Use Filezilla.

#9 buttonmash1989

buttonmash1989

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:23 AM

Okay i guess ive been doing it wrong, what would you say would be the best way of setting up FTP?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users