5 replies to this topic

#1 kroppdogg

kroppdogg

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:54 AM

hi. i purchased a rrod xenon. fixed it to be jtagged and went to hook up my usb spi nand flasher like the other 50 times before and realized that J1D2.4 and J2B1.6 had been punched out or something! i am a fairly skilled solderer and there is no way, absolutely no way i can solder into these points. i can trickle a little bit of solder into the holes and get the wires on there, but it will not read the nand. heres my question......

is there alternate points either on the mobo or the actual nand chip itself u can solder to??? please if someone knows, some help would be great. thanks

#2 Libtoem

Libtoem

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:30 AM

Use the points on the bottom of the motherboard,its pretty easy to figure out where to solder and plus its a easier job.

#3 thwack

thwack

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

Yep - you can use the underside for both points - J1D2.4 can be traced to R1R1, but be careful if you try to solder to that ressy, and if you do, do it J1D2-side.

You're gonna want to put Xellous on there asap, to save having to take the 360 out of it's shell everytime you want to update.

#4 kroppdogg

kroppdogg

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:47 AM

no u guys dont understand the holes have been punched out so u can see thru the holes completely. ive noticed there is copper around the hole rings on other conoles. these are completely gone. i need completely different solder points. i cannot use the front or back for the normal standard connections. please help.

ive used the underside more often then the front cause the holes usually dont have alot of solder, so i know that. the holes are completely punched out. there is no way to solder to them at all. there has to spots on the nand chip its self or something.

Edited by kroppdogg, 16 August 2010 - 04:49 AM.

#5 thwack

thwack

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

Then you need to buy a fibreglass pen, and uncover the traces around the header area (above and below as traces run off from both). You can't just simply use the NANDs legs, as the signal/currents have to run through ressy's etc.
When you've uncover them, flux and ti the trace, tin your wire and solder to them. Then get it up and running so you know it can read, flash Xellous and dump your NAND using FireFox. You really need to get Xellous on there, as in all likelihood this'll be the last time you'll be able to solder the LPT/USB header to the board.

#6 kroppdogg

kroppdogg

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:42 AM

damn thwack, thank u. you get it! that is a great answer..... ok, i think im following u. if i can get my usb flasher to read/write them theres no doubt in my mind i can get xellous on there. i wish there was a pic tut out there somewhere. i've never fixed a trace before, but im pretty confident in my skills, so im gonna give it a shot. again thank you thwack. that was very helpful. much appriciated. +10 rep in my book!!

Edited by kroppdogg, 20 August 2010 - 06:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users