7 replies to this topic

#1 xboxbman

xboxbman

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

A bunch of hackers known as the 'HadesTeam' have reportedly managed to dump the PS3 Slim Blu-ray drive firmware to a PC using a flat flex cable. Although their activities don't intend on stopping their, apparently they are claiming they already know how to decrypt the dumped firmware too.

#2 red_ring_of_box

red_ring_of_box

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:31 PM

source? Guess the PS3 will be getting a big boost in its sales soon, as well as the Blu-ray disc and burner business as a whole, if this is true.

Edited by red_ring_of_box, 12 August 2010 - 11:33 PM.

#3 Dark Mod

Dark Mod

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Interests:Electronic services and upgrades
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE(red_ring_of_box @ Aug 12 2010, 06:31 PM) View Post

source? Guess the PS3 will be getting a big boost in its sales soon, as well as the Blu-ray disc and burner business as a whole, if this is true.

a next softmod?...jeeze....this is getting too old now sleep.gif

#4 red_ring_of_box

red_ring_of_box

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE(Dark Mod @ Aug 15 2010, 10:01 PM) View Post

a next softmod?...jeeze....this is getting too old now sleep.gif

hmm? I'm sorry I don't get what you mean by this being a softmod? I thought for a hack to be considered a softmod you didn't have to open up the console at all, or perhaps I am at a misunderstanding.

#5 p4r0l3

p4r0l3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:homebrew, fps, rpg
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE(red_ring_of_box @ Aug 16 2010, 09:59 PM) View Post

hmm? I'm sorry I don't get what you mean by this being a softmod? I thought for a hack to be considered a softmod you didn't have to open up the console at all, or perhaps I am at a misunderstanding.

it was always my understanding that a softmod referred to a 'software mod'

when flashing firmwares, you aren't technically adding any hardware (e.g. modchips), just changing the code on existing hardware. thus i could see it as falling into the 'softmod' category

#6 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:06 AM

To make it simple hardmod means hardware modification and by modifying the hardward its a hardmod.

But back to the original post. I have been watching news topics about this for a little while and it seems the dumped the firmware using jungle flasher so maybe later on you will see a PS3 tab in JF. LOL just went and checked my source and saw this

"Team Jungle is now helping HadesTeam with the PS3 Blu-ray drive and Commodore4Eva has already started hacking according to DemonHades blog post (Google translated to English). This is promising news indeed, we all know what C4E is capable of regarding custom firmwares for the Xbox 360 DVD drive."

#7 tonybologna

tonybologna

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:sports,hunting,fishing,video games,etc.
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Aug 19 2010, 02:06 AM) View Post
To make it simple hardmod means hardware modification and by modifying the hardward its a hardmod.

But back to the original post. I have been watching news topics about this for a little while and it seems the dumped the firmware using jungle flasher so maybe later on you will see a PS3 tab in JF. LOL just went and checked my source and saw this

"Team Jungle is now helping HadesTeam with the PS3 Blu-ray drive and Commodore4Eva has already started hacking according to DemonHades blog post (Google translated to English). This is promising news indeed, we all know what C4E is capable of regarding custom firmwares for the Xbox 360 DVD drive."

Interesting quote! c4eva and Team Jungle are at it again but now on the PS3! GET-R-DONE! biggrin.gif

#8 DTR1

DTR1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

I wonder if ends up being useful Sony will get pissed will disable the bluray drive jester.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users