• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dontbanthis

dontbanthis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:38 PM

Hi, I bought a xbox supposedly equiped with a Xecuter 3, problem is, I'm a noob and everything I see on youtube who uses a xecuter chip is signaled on the boot up as such.

Mine though, the boot up says slayers 2.7 only.

My question is, how can I identify easily wether there is a xecuter 3 in here or not? preferentially without having to open it sad.gif

Are the OS capable of indentifying it and say what chip it is via the settings/about presets?

#2 Nextelhalo

Nextelhalo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:59 PM

Well, sounds like you've got an evox bios on your xbox. The best bios to use for the X3 chip would be the X3_3294 bios. It's kinda hard to figure what chip you have unless you crack open the case and take a look.
Also, is there a little switch on the front of the xbox? The X3 chips light up blue when the xbox is powered on and you can see the light from the left side of the xbox case through the air venting.

Your best bet would be to open the xbox up and check it out and in doing that you might learn a little bit about your xbox. Could give a cleaning too while it's open with a little canned air.

Cheers,

Nextelhalo

#3 dontbanthis

dontbanthis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(Nextelhalo @ Aug 13 2010, 08:59 PM) View Post
there a little switch on the front of the xbox? The X3 chips light up blue when the xbox is powered on and you can see the light from the left side of the xbox case through the air venting.
No, there is one in the back saying X2 lite ext, that part wouldn't be compatible with a X3 right/all the X3's came with the part you speak of, right? is it any good?

I wanted to put a screen and stuff, so it seems like I'll have to buy the parts, including X3 chip and assemble one now.

EDIT: You were giving me BIOS insight, which should I install on this one? smile.gif

Edited by dontbanthis, 14 August 2010 - 02:12 PM.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

X2.5035. It comes in two versions - one for 1.0-1.5, and one for 1.6. Make sure you use the right one for your Xbox version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users