• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cobels

cobels

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

I got this xbox with a modchip. But how do find out which modchip it exacly is.

thx in advance,

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

BIOSChecker might identify the type of chip.

If there are any external switches that will identify the chip.

However, the best method is to open the Xbox and compare what you see with the pictures in the tables linked to from this page.

Edited by Heimdall, 15 August 2010 - 12:54 PM.

#3 Broxi1979

Broxi1979

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Aug 15 2010, 12:42 PM)  

BIOSChecker might identify the type of chip.

If there are any external switches that will identify the chip.

However, the best method is to open the Xbox and compare what you see with the pictures in the tables linked to from this page.

I used a program on my Xbox last night which displayed the simple message "You have fake Xenium Clone" on a black screen.

huh.gif

I sent my Xbox off to get a mod chip installed about 5 years ago (I guess) and never knew how to check something like that at the time. Should I be worried about this, the xbox has always worked fine but lately I dug it out of retirement with the grand idea of installing a 500gb IDE drive in it for XBMC, ISOs, Emulators, etc.

From my reading I think I might need to flash the BIOS with the latest Xenium OS (2.3.1) ???

Is it possible to flash this fake Xenium?

#4 Broxi1979

Broxi1979

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:12 PM

To add to this,in preperation of the new HDD coming, I had a practise run with 120gb IDE drive from an old PC.

I replaced the drive with my new one and stuck in a copy of Auto-Installer Deluxe V2.1 ... the AID disc noticed it was a new HDD and gave me the option to format and install the dashboard. Exellent, it all seemed to work but the DVD I used was old and scratched and it returned a few errors while installing Apps.

So I went online and got a copy of the latest Auto-Installer Deluxe v4.52, ran the option to Format/Prepare HDD and select "Large HDD - E&F" from the menu ... it did it's thing. I installed Evolution-X Dashboard.

Next I installed the apps ... all went well.

Next I installed the emulators ... all seemed to go well.

Then foolishly I clicked on the XBPartitioner tool to have a nosey (I'ma total noob as you probably guessed) and it flashed up a warning that I don't have LBA48 Support and it could damage the thing, I didn't have a clue how to get out of the programme and hit red button to try and return to the main menu, I noticed it changed something on the screen so I panicked and hit the back button twice.

The LED on the front of the console then began flashing red with the service required screen on the TV.

Anyway, that led to a night of format/prepares with AID 4.52 and trying to re-install Evo-X, trying to delete the files through FTP and copy over my back-up from the old retail drive and loads of other things, just fumbling around in the dark really, trying to find the solution.

The only thing that seemed to work was installing UnleashX as the dashboard but it seemed a bit flaky and I was unsure how to load games to the HDD.

Also, FlashXP refused to copy over my game files from SSX On Tour ISO I have, this had worked the previous night on my old retail HDD.

I realise that the original Xbox seems to be dead in the water and my situation is a bit convoluted but can anyone shed some light on this, I'll try to provide any information I can???

#5 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE(Broxi1979 @ Sep 29 2010, 11:12 PM)  

To add to this,in preperation of the new HDD coming, I had a practise run with 120gb IDE drive from an old PC.

I replaced the drive with my new one and stuck in a copy of Auto-Installer Deluxe V2.1 ... the AID disc noticed it was a new HDD and gave me the option to format and install the dashboard. Exellent, it all seemed to work but the DVD I used was old and scratched and it returned a few errors while installing Apps.

So I went online and got a copy of the latest Auto-Installer Deluxe v4.52, ran the option to Format/Prepare HDD and select "Large HDD - E&F" from the menu ... it did it's thing. I installed Evolution-X Dashboard.

Next I installed the apps ... all went well.

Next I installed the emulators ... all seemed to go well.

Then foolishly I clicked on the XBPartitioner tool to have a nosey (I'ma total noob as you probably guessed) and it flashed up a warning that I don't have LBA48 Support and it could damage the thing, I didn't have a clue how to get out of the programme and hit red button to try and return to the main menu, I noticed it changed something on the screen so I panicked and hit the back button twice.

The LED on the front of the console then began flashing red with the service required screen on the TV.
Anyway, that led to a night of format/prepares with AID 4.52 and trying to re-install Evo-X, trying to delete the files through FTP and copy over my back-up from the old retail drive and loads of other things, just fumbling around in the dark really, trying to find the solution.

The only thing that seemed to work was installing UnleashX as the dashboard but it seemed a bit flaky and I was unsure how to load games to the HDD.

Also, FlashXP refused to copy over my game files from SSX On Tour ISO I have, this had worked the previous night on my old retail HDD.

I realise that the original Xbox seems to be dead in the water and my situation is a bit convoluted but can anyone shed some light on this, I'll try to provide any information I can???

What you did was format your hdd so you wiped your dash and other files, just use AID to reformat your hdd again and install a new dash, you dont need to use xbpartitioner on a hdd that small but you will on a a larger hdd- you do it right after setting up your dash and before copying your files over smile.gif
The xbox isnt dead its going thru a renaissance over at XBMC4XBOX.ORG where you will find plenty of help for modding and keeping your xbox running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users