#1 mod360s

mod360s

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:44 AM

Hi

I'd like to share a guide i created on how to repair Xbox 360 Consoles using my Alternate Repair Approach, i have had much success with this method and hope it to come of use to those who view (thought i'd give back to the community since i've learnt so much here)

I've found my repairs to have a very high success rate, it's based off a few different methods and seems to work very well for me and others who've already used my guide smile.gif

Comes with detailed instructions with pictures and has been laid out in sections: Opening Console, Removing Motherboard, Preparing etc etc..

Hope it helps some of you out there. I've also posted my guide in the tutorials section of this site.

Enjoy smile.gif

Sorry i don't know how to add the tutorial directly into this post?

LINK:
RROD Repair Guide

#2 Juvenal1228

Juvenal1228

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

There is nothing alternative about this method. and frankly by not properly cleaning the chips and heatsyncs you are making the heat flow worse.

Also, overheating the board the way you suggest will do more damage in the long run.

If at all, this is a temporary fix. (and a bad one at that)

for a long term fix go for a reflowing or reballing of the cpu/gpu

#3 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

That guide sucks, you didn't even clean off the old paste, and you're basically just doing a combo of x-clamp replacement and the "towel trick." If you want to damage your 360 worse than it already is, then go ahead and follow that guide.

#4 mod360s

mod360s

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:12 AM

Thanks for your input,

I have used this method of repair for well over 3 years of repairing, and yes some of the consoles have started to show the RROD, but the majority have never come back....i still own many consoles i repaired back then which have still not come back with the RROD once!

Each to their own, but i can gladly advise that i have not had much consoles at all come back to me. I also do the reflow approach, and funnily enough they are not bulletproof and also die in time.

If anything i wanted to show others my approach and what has worked for me along the years, since i wanted to give back to the site which has helped me a great deal.

Your comments are always welcome smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users