dbdlowrider

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

ok i am in iraq right now and my wife e-mails me that her xobx is makin a noise from from the dvd-rom and it wont read a game. so i was wondering if i could jsut buy her one and she could just throw it in or if it has to be flashed. Sending it to microsoft is out of the question because i opened it to paint if or her. The xbox is a late 09 elite. Didnt think it would have any problems being new and all but owell.

I tryed using the search but it didnt work. I dont really get alot of time on the internet thanks in advance

wow i have really been a member for over 6 years ohmy.gif

Edited by dbdlowrider, 16 August 2010 - 08:04 PM.

#2 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:53 PM

if they are the same brand, u can swap the pcb in the drive, if not the same brand, has to be flashed.

#3 dbdlowrider

dbdlowrider

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

sweet lol ya guess that makes since

#4 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(dbdlowrider @ Aug 16 2010, 10:02 PM) View Post

ok i am in iraq right now and my wife e-mails me that her xobx is makin a noise from from the dvd-rom and it wont read a game. so i was wondering if i could jsut buy her one and she could just throw it in or if it has to be flashed. Sending it to microsoft is out of the question because i opened it to paint if or her. The xbox is a late 09 elite. Didnt think it would have any problems being new and all but owell.

I tryed using the search but it didnt work. I dont really get alot of time on the internet thanks in advance
wow i have really been a member for over 6 years ohmy.gif

Unfortunately for you, the new drive (I guess it must be a Lite-on) must be flashed with the paired key. I don't think this ia a job for a lady to do, to be honest. Find someone that can provide his services in your wife's area to fix your drive. Maybe it is just the laser anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users