Photo

Using Old 360 To Get Lite-on Key..is It Possible?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 caFE_RJ

caFE_RJ

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

Hi guys,
Iīve just decided to mod my lite-on falcon but I donīt have the additional hardware like the xecuter probes and all but I do have an old samsung drive and an old xbox360 with 3RRoD. What if Iīd use the broken 360 to get the lite on drive key and use it to flash the samsung to use it on the other console. Is it possible to do it and am I doing anything that will have me flagged? Thanks for the help and sorry for my english.

Edited by caFE_RJ, 18 August 2010 - 05:34 PM.

#2 Buzzcut

Buzzcut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

Yep...I do all my flashes using an old RROD console. Just remember to check and double check you're plugging the DVD power in the correct way round. Upside down and Mr Smoky comes to town.

Why aren't you flashing the Liteon rather than the Samsung...what version Liteon is it and how are you planning to get the key. For v7 you'll need a probe, v8-1 you can do all via SATA, v8-2 and v9 you'll need to solder i.e. boxxdr/MRA

Of course you can MRA/boxxdr all Liteons anyway if you feel like it.

#3 caFE_RJ

caFE_RJ

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE(Buzzcut @ Aug 18 2010, 02:03 PM) View Post

Yep...I do all my flashes using an old RROD console. Just remember to check and double check you're plugging the DVD power in the correct way round. Upside down and Mr Smoky comes to town.

Why aren't you flashing the Liteon rather than the Samsung...what version Liteon is it and how are you planning to get the key. For v7 you'll need a probe, v8-1 you can do all via SATA, v8-2 and v9 you'll need to solder i.e. boxxdr/MRA

Of course you can MRA/boxxdr all Liteons anyway if you feel like it.

Didnīt know about the DVD power...thx..

About the Liteon, mine is the v7 series. I thought there was a way in retrieving the key from the Liteon. Well then, I should tray getting a probe. Any suggestions where? Some where? Or should I try making one? Thatīs why I was avoiding flash the Liteon..hehe..Sounds kinda complicated...

#4 bamarquez226

bamarquez226

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

Here's a place to start: http://www.diygadget...e-adapters.html

You may also want to check out products made by Team Maximus or Team Xecuter.

#5 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Football (US), Pro Wrestling, Anime

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(caFE_RJ @ Aug 18 2010, 01:31 PM) View Post

Didnīt know about the DVD power...thx..

About the Liteon, mine is the v7 series. I thought there was a way in retrieving the key from the Liteon. Well then, I should tray getting a probe. Any suggestions where? Some where? Or should I try making one? Thatīs why I was avoiding flash the Liteon..hehe..Sounds kinda complicated...

flashing the liteon is easy. its getting the key out that is more complicated, and you have to get the key out if you want to swap the drive.

since its a 7xxx series, you can use the probe to pull the key, and its VERY simple. this however, isn't the preferred way, as it is able to get all the data you need to make it work, but not all the data in general (which could potentially put you at a higher risk of getting banned from live).

the best way, if you are good enough at trace cutting and soldering, is the mra method, which will give you the full firmware.

#6 caFE_RJ

caFE_RJ

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Aug 18 2010, 02:56 PM) View Post

flashing the liteon is easy. its getting the key out that is more complicated, and you have to get the key out if you want to swap the drive.

since its a 7xxx series, you can use the probe to pull the key, and its VERY simple. this however, isn't the preferred way, as it is able to get all the data you need to make it work, but not all the data in general (which could potentially put you at a higher risk of getting banned from live).

the best way, if you are good enough at trace cutting and soldering, is the mra method, which will give you the full firmware.

Humm..I have a friend which is pretty good with it. What should I look for? Whats the name of the tutorial I should be looking for...hehe

#7 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:23 PM

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=698256

#8 PandaNL

PandaNL

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:08 PM

I think its better for you to search a modder, it will save you the probe costs.

#9 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE(PandaNL @ Aug 18 2010, 05:08 PM) View Post

I think its better for you to search a modder, it will save you the probe costs.

there is no probing costs if you do mra, which is the "right" way to do things anyways

#10 caFE_RJ

caFE_RJ

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Aug 18 2010, 06:49 PM) View Post

there is no probing costs if you do mra, which is the "right" way to do things anyways

Thx guys.. you have been really helpful. My friend said that he can do it easily, but I still have some doubts...

The Mra is the method of extracting the drive key right? So if I want to upgrade the firmware later, I wonīt have to do it again, right? Since I already have the key. Or is the mra also used to put the drive in vendor mode?

Edited by caFE_RJ, 19 August 2010 - 04:24 AM.

#11 TheDemonIII

TheDemonIII

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE(caFE_RJ @ Aug 18 2010, 11:19 PM) View Post

The Mra is the method of extracting the drive key right? So if I want to upgrade the firmware later, I wonīt have to do it again, right? Since I already have the key. Or is the mra also used to put the drive in vendor mode?

as long as you keep the dump that u get from the MRA hack then u wont need to do it again

#12 Buzzcut

Buzzcut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:50 AM

Build yourself a probe...do not get your mate to do it as it sounds like it'll end in disaster.

While it's true that the MRA method gets ALL the data it's not needed for backups or currently being checked for Live use. Oggy has confirmed this numerous times and if you know who he his then you won't argue.

A probe takes 15 mins to make once you've got the parts (radioshack/Maplins) and you don't need to cut/solder the drive board. This is mine 3 posts down and it cost me about 30p to make. Don't listen to anyone when they tell you to buy a probe or some overpriced connectivity kit from Team X or Maximus as you don't need to, I've done 100s of flashes and used the Xbox and homemade probes (one for v7 and another vampire for v8 and v9) for all of them.

Once you've made the probe, test it out in Hyperterminal then follow the standard Jungleflasher tutorial. If you need any advice then ask away.

#13 PandaNL

PandaNL

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:26 PM

Well if you do 1 drive a homemade probe is better, but i flashed 200 drives maybe even more so 50 euro is just a one time investment.

#14 caFE_RJ

caFE_RJ

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:22 AM

Like I said, i have a Lite on v7 and Iīve decided to do the mra method. I do have some doubts.. the mra tutorial is mostly for the solder part. I was looking this topic,
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=513412,
and I realized the tutorial they have for the v7 is for wecuter products. The JF part I would have to do is the same as this tutorial? Is there anything in the mra tuto that I shouldnīt as it is made for the v8 and v9 series?

#15 caFE_RJ

caFE_RJ

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:44 AM

I just found it on the JF tuto... My only question now is if I have to connect the sata cable to the PC before turning it on or only when using the JF?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users