KrInEn

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:13 AM

I have been repairing PS3's and 360's for some time now. We all know the error codes that come along with the red lights on the 360's, but what about the PS3?

I have noticed that there are two types of YLOD, one the unit yellow lights almost instantly. The second takes about 2-3 seconds before you get the dreaded beeps.

Now I treat both the same, mainly focusing on the RSX, I have a ACHI PRO SC that I am using. The ones that YLOD right off the bat I can seem to get about a 97% success with. The other ones that YLOD about 2-3 seconds in I have a much tougher time with. I am getting full reflows, I can see the solder liquefy around all of the edges. Still the ones with the delayed I have a much lower success rate.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions I am all ears smile.gif

#2 mhaqs

mhaqs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:01 PM

You might wanna add in a GLoD to the YLoD list. The GLoD is semi bricked PS3. Everything works except that you don't get a display.

I'm having a hard time getting any help from someone on that issue.

#3 KrInEn

KrInEn

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(mhaqs @ Aug 19 2010, 09:01 AM) View Post

You might wanna add in a GLoD to the YLoD list. The GLoD is semi bricked PS3. Everything works except that you don't get a display.

I'm having a hard time getting any help from someone on that issue.

"GLoD" can be fixed by reflowing the RSX chip. You have to make sure you get the board temps at LEAST 217C before the solder starts to melt. I have fixed quite a few no video errors this way.

#4 mhaqs

mhaqs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:32 PM

If you read my thread. Do you think my PS3 issue could be fixed by a reflow? Because I think i blew a fuse/resistor/diode or something.

#5 Skeeterbite

Skeeterbite

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:05 PM

have you tried to re ball with that machine yet or have you only re flowed with it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users