98 replies to this topic

#61 dumpav

dumpav

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

anyone know if the ps3 slim can take those 1tb 2.5" portable drive from WD or Seagate?

if not, what is the biggest drive it can fit/accept? thanks!

#62 postal worker

postal worker

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

i think you can get a terabyte in it fine...most people just use 500gig.

#63 Valva

Valva

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:19 PM

I'm wondering if Sony will try block imports of this into certain countries like they did with the PS3.

#64 vildzek

vildzek

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:48 PM

Not all games work on Ps jailbreak, even from internal HD. For more -

http://psjailbreakinfo.blogspot.com/

#65 1nsan3

1nsan3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Location:United States Of This is not a free country no more
  • Interests:Banging The Govt
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:20 PM

i will get one but gonna wait for a bit.. USD $119.00 good price well worth it,,, as long as it is legit. not gonna jump the gun on this one.. just seems weird it was that easy... USB thumb drive boot, eject, basically done... we all know the system can play games from the hdd... but never seen a backup to hdd feature, like the 360.. But hey, once more and more legit news comes out will get one. but that price USD is the cheapest i found.

remember someone WILL most likely find a way to copy this from the usb to just any usb. so i would wait for a bit... even tho 119 is a good price.. about 3 brand new games. and no, no more online updates untill we find out more.

If legit: i bet sony is in a damn HUGE hurry to fix this one. lol

#66 niai

niai

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE(dumpav @ Aug 23 2010, 06:37 PM) View Post

anyone know if the ps3 slim can take those 1tb 2.5" portable drive from WD or Seagate?

if not, what is the biggest drive it can fit/accept? thanks!

no it cant i have one and it has no sata connection its just usb soldered on to the main board for the hdd i was considering using it in my laptop when buying but the daysition was mad for me to not use it lol

#67 Xeriak

Xeriak

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

I can't wait to see what kind of homebrew they'll come up with for this. But the price tag is a lil steep for me.. Going to wait and see how much it'll go down in price, and it'll be interesting to see how Sony will combat this circumvention device.

#68 jimbo40

jimbo40

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

GAMER BLORGE

People should read this..

#69 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(jimbo40 @ Aug 24 2010, 01:54 PM) View Post

GAMER BLORGE

People should read this..

This guy is assuming most of us will want to be keeping our units on PSN for online game play and such. I do believe most of us from the start assumed this would be something like the JTAG for the 360 and at the point we chose to go the homebrew rout we would forever be breaking the consoles relation with PSN. This is no big deal since just as with the 360 and jtag we would have 2 consoles. One for PSN and one for homebrew.

As for the price I agree. Way over priced for what it is. However there are 2 things to consider when it comes down to the price.

1. At the current time what other mods are available for the ps3?

2. Ease of use. Any modchip style mod that can be done without opening the console and breaking out a soldering iron is always more expensive than those that require some soldering skills and or use of a professional modder to do the work.

In the end we all know that the moment clones become available these chips will fall in price really fast.

As for the current use for this hack I too am not too impressed with just simply loading backups. What many of us hope is that this could somehow allow kernel access to at some point allow the ability to flash a custom os like the PSP custom firmware. Who knows only time will tell what may become of this.

But in the end anyone who places an order for this unit and thinks they will still enjoy PSN has only fooled themselves.

#70 vildzek

vildzek

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:25 PM

Clones available ? And updates from 3d party goes bye bye. I stick with the original, IF all games work from the hdd, IF is imune to the Sony updates, for the first chip is not too expensive. And PSN is gonna work if you remove the backup manager, simple.

You buy a clone then how do you update the chip ? From China makers ?
I will wait more reviews, and time will tell.

Edited by vildzek, 24 August 2010 - 07:26 PM.

#71 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(vildzek @ Aug 24 2010, 02:25 PM) View Post

You buy a clone then how do you update the chip ? From China makers ?
I will wait more reviews, and time will tell.

This reminds me of the Wiikey mod chip. I knew right away the fakes would work perfect. Wiikey kept saying updates won't work and then of course they all did work. I was getting wiikey's for $2.50 each or less at one point.

Same is going to be true for this device. If hackers already figure out how to dump it in a week then they will be able to dump future versions of it too.

#72 breathofice

breathofice

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:20 PM

I fit a 1tb in there but it requires some inside modification(cant tell from the outside). Theres a 750gb hard drive out there thought that you will fit without modding

#73 DTR1

DTR1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Aug 24 2010, 01:06 PM) View Post

This guy is assuming most of us will want to be keeping our units on PSN for online game play and such. I do believe most of us from the start assumed this would be something like the JTAG for the 360 and at the point we chose to go the homebrew rout we would forever be breaking the consoles relation with PSN. This is no big deal since just as with the 360 and jtag we would have 2 consoles. One for PSN and one for homebrew.

As for the price I agree. Way over priced for what it is. However there are 2 things to consider when it comes down to the price.

1. At the current time what other mods are available for the ps3?

2. Ease of use. Any modchip style mod that can be done without opening the console and breaking out a soldering iron is always more expensive than those that require some soldering skills and or use of a professional modder to do the work.

In the end we all know that the moment clones become available these chips will fall in price really fast.

As for the current use for this hack I too am not too impressed with just simply loading backups. What many of us hope is that this could somehow allow kernel access to at some point allow the ability to flash a custom os like the PSP custom firmware. Who knows only time will tell what may become of this.

But in the end anyone who places an order for this unit and thinks they will still enjoy PSN has only fooled themselves.

Totally agree. I have never been on PSN for the reason I don't want Sony screwing with my console. And also with the hope that maybe an early version firmware may be vulnerable. As far as the price goes getting something right now instead of waiting an unknown amount of time is sometimes worth the extra cost. And I don't mind giving the creator of the mod I have been waiting for a long time the profit he deserves. What I don't care for is the retailer gouging me. Which obviously they did.

#74 F-Forward

F-Forward

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:20 PM

Most games can't be played online with the jailbreak anyhow. See http://psjailbreakinfo.blogspot.com/

#75 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

shortage of components has forced the delay of the product's launch. There is no longer an official date for shipping to begin but the delay is expected to be anywhere from 3 days to as long as a week. Retailers will not be receiving their shipment of PS Jailbreak dongles on Friday as scheduled. Anyone telling you otherwise is either misinformed or disingenuous.

From psx-scene

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users