Here is the specific part I am on now:
1. Heres what you need to do.
2. There is a shadow partition, So unlock the factory drive (you should already have the eeprom.bin ).
3. Mount /dev/hda50 (drive E) to /mnt and /dev/hda51 (drive C) to /c. And then: tar cf /mnt/actualc.tar /c/* After a while it creates a copy of the files on drive E, in a single archive.
4. Lock the drive and put it back on xbox.
5. Take new hard drive (previously prepared) and mount /dev/hda50 (drive E) to /mnt, /dev/hda51 to /c
6. FTP to the Xbox and retrieve from drive E "actualc.tar"
7. Decompress (tar xvf actualc.tar) and place the files in the proper partition
8. Lock the drive, swap old for new, and your're done it should work fine!
OK I am stuck on step 6. Do I somehow FTP from the xboxhdm program? I can FTP from Windows no problem, but where does this file (actualc.tar) need to be extracted to so I can use it (I assume) in xboxhdm.
I am completely lost and sorry that I ever used Krazie Ndure softmod, but as of now there seem to be at least 5 different ways to softmod an Xbox. I got stuck with the most complicated for HDD upgrade. Please help!
Edited by steveo1978, 20 August 2010 - 02:33 AM.