McNA5TY

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:56 AM

Ok I followed this guide as many others before me have. [Link Removed}

Here is the specific part I am on now:

1. Heres what you need to do.

2. There is a shadow partition, So unlock the factory drive (you should already have the eeprom.bin ).

3. Mount /dev/hda50 (drive E) to /mnt and /dev/hda51 (drive C) to /c. And then: tar cf /mnt/actualc.tar /c/* After a while it creates a copy of the files on drive E, in a single archive.

4. Lock the drive and put it back on xbox.

5. Take new hard drive (previously prepared) and mount /dev/hda50 (drive E) to /mnt, /dev/hda51 to /c

6. FTP to the Xbox and retrieve from drive E "actualc.tar"

7. Decompress (tar xvf actualc.tar) and place the files in the proper partition

8. Lock the drive, swap old for new, and your're done it should work fine!

OK I am stuck on step 6. Do I somehow FTP from the xboxhdm program? I can FTP from Windows no problem, but where does this file (actualc.tar) need to be extracted to so I can use it (I assume) in xboxhdm.
I am completely lost and sorry that I ever used Krazie Ndure softmod, but as of now there seem to be at least 5 different ways to softmod an Xbox. I got stuck with the most complicated for HDD upgrade. Please help!

Thanks
~Brian

Edited by steveo1978, 20 August 2010 - 02:33 AM.

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:22 AM

heres 3 things for you.

1) I removed the link you posted because that site links to files that are not allowed here.

2) who ever runs that site must be a retard and no info coming from that site should be trusted.

3) try this guide http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=421367

#3 McNA5TY

McNA5TY

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:49 AM

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry about the link. This tutorial should do the trick, but there is no mention of a shadow C: drive or virtual c: drive which was apparently created when I ran the original Krayzie_MA_Ndure_Installer_v1.0. My trouble with the bad tut from before was trying to get the shadow drive sorted.

"if you are attempting this upgrade after installing the Ndure softmod you will need to proceed differently as Krayzie's Ndure is a newer version of the softmod that creates a virtual drive C: by doing this any updates to the dash are on the Virtual Drive C: not the real one, this protects your Softmod from getting buggered up but when you back-up drive C: your getting the Virtual C's contents not the actual drive C: which means this procedure will not work."

Should I be concerned about this when following this new tutorial? Thanks

#4 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:58 AM

if you already have the eeprom backup. then follow the guide i linked to you should have the stock xbox dash when you boot the xbox for the first time on the new hdd then just erase the old softmod save and but a fresh one there and resoftmod.

In other words forget the other guide and just follow that one and you will be fine.

Edited by steveo1978, 20 August 2010 - 05:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users