X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

For anyone with a Zephyr with CB 4580.

I had got one in the other day and I did this method for it. I got some help with this because I thought I was doing something wrong with the files I was flashing to the JTAG. I had read about needing falcon files for it. I had another member on here assisting me. I was running out of hope for this thing. When I flashed the falcon files I kept getting E79 or black screens. I redid my wiring, with no help.

Frustrated beyond all, I looked around on google and found another wiring diagram for JTAGs. I located the alternate DB1F1 point on top of the motherboard by where the HDD plugs into on the motherboard. I removed my wire from the bottom DB1F1 point and soldered it to the top one. I had just flashed xellous for falcon with patched SMC and KV and had previously got E79. So after changing my wiring to the top DB1F1 point I turned on the 360 with eject and a few seconds later, success! Xellous booted and I finally got the CPU key.

I also was told that you need falcon donor files to make a freeboot, but found an easier way. I got the latest best pig freeboot toolbox, I deselected automatically detect motherboard and chose falcon, then chose make custom image so I can put in my patched SMC, then once that was done flashed freeboot and working without issues.

#137 narkotic

narkotic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:41 AM

Just want to make sure, in addition to this, I still need to add in the LPT cable in addition to this correct? I have the first edition XBox non hdmi Xenon... I've done about 3 hours of searching and no luck in finding this answer.

Was going to follow this guide - http://www.instructa...ing-your-parts/

Is there anything else I need to do because of this mod in addition? It sounds like I need to run a utility that switches the aud_clamp to some other operation.

Sorry for the noob questions, you were all there at one time! I'm not new to jtagging, back in the satellite TV days wink.gif

Thanks in advance.

#138 djpc47

djpc47

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:09 AM

see any issue with using mps2222arlrm npn transistors(its what I have, else have to order:P)?

#139 sinn78

sinn78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

2x 10K ohm watt resistors
2x 2N3904 Transistors

trying to find these two items anyone have radioshack part numbers? or can tell me if this is them please
http://www.radioshac...m/product/index ... d=2062609#
http://www.radioshac...m/product/index ... d=2062609#

or if any one has any other place to get this stuff and can point me in the right direction that would be great thanks

#140 4NIC8TOR

4NIC8TOR

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

So I was using the reverse JTAG on my Jasper and I started experiencing ROL issues, controllers not syncing, and failure to boot issues. I missed an important part of this tutorial and did the rewire BEFORE reflashing. Now in order to flash do I need to undo everything and go back to how it was with the diodes or can I use the transistors as-is and just change the wires back to DB1F1 and the ROL point, flash, then rewire?

#141 4NIC8TOR

4NIC8TOR

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:06 PM

I got a reply back from BoXXDr that said "Yes, just use the transistors and you only need to move aud_clamp to ROL point." That being said I am instead just going to use nandpro to write the updflash.bin with the correct SMC and then I shouldn't have to redo any of the wiring. Thanks for your help BoXXDr!!

#142 4NIC8TOR

4NIC8TOR

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:32 AM

Worked like a champ. Unfortunately I lost my profiles and all my save games from my Jasper's internal memory. Oh well, at least it boots now.

#143 johnscrub39

johnscrub39

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:31 AM

Totaal newbie to posting!I am not new to jtagging but eventually everybody runs into that one that beats them.Well i found one..it is a xenon with an explotiable kernal 1902.I have done multiple dumps with no bad blocks or non matching.I am using an lpt homemade cable.I have done at least 15 jtags with it...not alot but enough to know its not the cable..I keep getting an e79 error no matter what i flash to it,whether it is xbr or freeboot!!???I can then turn around and reflash with an original dump and boots fine.I have tried several different jtag wiring setups to always get the e79...except this one!!?Has anybody that has done this on a xenon were you experiencing e79 issues b4 you did? uhh.gif Thanks and great tut...i am waiting on parts to try this on a falcon i just got fresh off ebay!!!

#144 UnrealEureca

UnrealEureca

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:58 AM

Is there a guide to do this on a Xenon? I have the old jtag wiring, but my 360 has been rebooting during games and I'm wondering if another method would help.

#145 drumow

drumow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:05 PM

Hi m8t going to do my first JTAG and doing some research, came across your post... want to say!! like MS factory smile.gif Grade A work

#146 -tool-

-tool-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Hi, thanks for your work!
At the shop they didn't have 2N3904 instead they sold me this:
C546a >>> Datasheet http://www.datasheet.../4/BC546A.shtml
2N304>>> Datasheet for comparison http://www.datasheet.../9/2N3904.shtml
IPB Image

These are for Jasper installation.

Let's check Xenon diagram too, my old Xenon with 2 diodes on cold boots usually gets E79, and it's a pain in the ass reconfiguring Kinect each time :S

#147 -tool-

-tool-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

Used this methon successfully on a xenon motherboard with E79 (with diodes).

However my Jasper didn't boot xell with this diagram sad.gif

Transistors:
IPB Image
Bridge:
IPB Image
Aud_Clamp:
IPB Image
Alternative DB1F1:
IPB Image

I'll try with DB1F1 point on top, if it boots successful.

Jasper BB MFR Date: 2009-04-08
Dashboard 7371
CB_A 6723

With original nand, boots ok. (JTAG installed).

Any tip?

#148 -tool-

-tool-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

AutoGG Problem generating nand, with J-runner works perfect!

#149 Tryhard

Tryhard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

The image links on OP's post are broken. Please fix them so I'm not going in blind! thanks for the tutorial though!

-I'll just follow the video tutorial, but the image host seems to be offline-

awesome video tutorial btw.

Edited by Tryhard, 06 July 2012 - 12:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users