• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#16 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(gomson @ Sep 15 2010, 12:11 PM) View Post

@syntaxerror329
Does the tutorial at : https://docs.google....mv5h_30dw33vpf4 still apply to this wiring....?

Take a look at Step 4 in that tutorial. They have already linked to my tutorial.

#17 gomson

gomson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Sep 15 2010, 05:41 PM) View Post

Take a look at Step 4 in that tutorial. They have already linked to my tutorial.

DUDE!!!!!, Thank you, thank you....
Ordered some 10K ohm 1/4watt resistors, just gonna wait for those before attempting it..so fingers crossed.

I was wondering though, what if you have errors in your nand reads. For example, my nand dumps (5 times and 100% match for all 5) gets this one error at the same place: Error 250 reading block 146.
As I understand it, I can either choose to remap or leave it like that and it shouldn't matter. I'm rooting to the later unless I need to. What would be the conceqences if I don't remap in this particular instance...?

#18 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE(gomson @ Sep 15 2010, 01:04 PM) View Post

DUDE!!!!!, Thank you, thank you....
Ordered some 10K ohm 1/4watt resistors, just gonna wait for those before attempting it..so fingers crossed.

I was wondering though, what if you have errors in your nand reads. For example, my nand dumps (5 times and 100% match for all 5) gets this one error at the same place: Error 250 reading block 146.
As I understand it, I can either choose to remap or leave it like that and it shouldn't matter. I'm rooting to the later unless I need to. What would be the conceqences if I don't remap in this particular instance...?

If you are flash Xellous first it only uses the first 50 blocks so that will be fine. When you flash the full FreeBOOT.bin to your box if you flash it with USB/LPT you have to remap the blocks, if you flash it using Xellous it will automatically remap the bad block.

So if you didn't remap and flash it thru LPT / USB the box would do unpredictable things.

#19 gomson

gomson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:18 AM

Understood, thanks.
I think I'll try and flash it through Xellous then and see how I get on...
Keep you posted...
biggrin.gif

#20 Blargharg

Blargharg

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Sep 16 2010, 01:17 AM) View Post

If you are flash Xellous first it only uses the first 50 blocks so that will be fine. When you flash the full FreeBOOT.bin to your box if you flash it with USB/LPT you have to remap the blocks, if you flash it using Xellous it will automatically remap the bad block.

So if you didn't remap and flash it thru LPT / USB the box would do unpredictable things.

It should be said that Xellous flash can be a bit buggy, so I wouldn't rely 100% on Xellous to remap bad blocks correctly. The 100% foolproof method would still be to remap them manually using NandPro.

Anyways, thnx for the great tutorial boxxdr, I already wired 4 consoles this way & zero problems. However, it is a bit more time consuming than the diode method & I definitely wouldn't recommend it to soldering noobs...

Btw, is there a way to get the cpu key with the aud_clamp connected? By this I mean the first time you boot into Xell/Xellous, before hacking & flashing the smc? I always connect to ROL before the first boot, get the cpu key, then move that wire to aud_clamp later, when I already flashed the freeboot w/ modded smc. It won't boot at all if i don't do this, i think you get a standard E79.

Edited by Blargharg, 28 September 2010 - 02:58 PM.

#21 tk_saturn

tk_saturn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:25 PM

If you view Looouky's guide, he has an archive of Xellous for the various archives prepatched to use AUD_CLAMP.

You can then use AUD_CLAMP to get the CPU key.

I don't think Blackaddr's method is any more difficult than using diodes though, and i've noticed my Jaspers with it boot up much quicker than my Falcon which has diodes. I'd definately use the transistor method.

Edited by tk_saturn, 29 September 2010 - 04:27 PM.

#22 dokworm

dokworm

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

Will BC547 transistors work instead?

#23 dokworm

dokworm

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:05 PM

Answering my own question, yes they do. I have mine up and running now, you just have to turn the transistors over as the BC547 pinout is reversed compared to the 2N3904. But I can confirm it works!

Now to look at my DVD drive that I killed by plugging the power in back to front huh.gif

#24 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:54 PM

I just did my first JTAG that involves any of these elements:

1) a Zephyr (4558)
2) transistors
3) AUD_CLAMP

I've done the diode method on other consoles before so I'm not new to the JTAG game. However, with this box, after I flash Xellous with the patched smc, I get an E79. If I flash back the original NAND dump (I have a full dump), the box boots just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this? The soldering looks good as far as I can tell, but I'll try to redo it if there are no other suggestions. Thanks.

#25 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

Ok, I got everything working. Apparently my DB1F1 alternate point connection wasn't solid. Here's a pic of my work because syntaxerror329 asked for it.

IPB Image

It's definitely a tight squeeze in that area.

#26 iwanttheagrocrag

iwanttheagrocrag

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:SMC hacking, TSOP, (Offline) game modification, Case modification, Bacon, America, Monster trucks
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:45 AM

I followed your video perfectly on a Zephyr I'm working on and my solder job looks great. So now I'm at the part were I patch the Smc with the smc-tool. So for TMS I would use option 3 aud_clamp, .....and I couldn't get that little point for the life of me so i used FT1U2 instead and I'm just making sure for when I'm patching TDI I would pick option 2 DB1F1 alternate correct? I would have PM'ed you but apparently im not allowed to PM people anymore. jester.gif GREAT video by the way I'm also using this video too but he is doing something with tray_open and I know that's not right so I had to ask what to do. I'm pretty tired by now so I'm going to bed now maybe you'll check this thread by the time I decide to start messing with that box again in the afternoon. L8R sleeping.gif

#27 iwanttheagrocrag

iwanttheagrocrag

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:SMC hacking, TSOP, (Offline) game modification, Case modification, Bacon, America, Monster trucks
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

Double post... ok I used TMS option 3 aud_clamp and for TDI option 2 DB1F1 alternate (FT1U2). I got the Zephyr I was working on perfectly running freeboot 2.0.9199.0, success!!!!

#28 rigger66

rigger66

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE(AZImmortal @ Oct 4 2010, 09:21 AM) View Post

Ok, I got everything working. Apparently my DB1F1 alternate point connection wasn't solid. Here's a pic of my work because syntaxerror329 asked for it.

IPB Image

It's definitely a tight squeeze in that area.

How on earth can this be working blink.gif when the resistors are ... solder Ar$e 1st ohmy.gif eg: wrong way round or can they be installed in any direction ???
handy to know that 1 ...for future reff.

Rigger66

Edited by rigger66, 09 October 2010 - 06:25 AM.

#29 Keyotien

Keyotien

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:46 PM

Resistors can be put in any direction, doesn't matter. Diodes and transistors are one-way though.

#30 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE(gomson @ Sep 15 2010, 12:11 PM) View Post

@syntaxerror329
Does the tutorial at : https://docs.google....mv5h_30dw33vpf4 still apply to this wiring....?

Yes that tutorial is great. They have a link in that tutorial to my tutorial for the transistor wiring so just follow it. So if you want the cleanest transfer of the jtag payload possible then this is the way to do it!

Good luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users