• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#31 cmdbga

cmdbga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

That tut is overkill if you ask me but i understand:)

This cured my Zephyr E79'ing on every other boot. I used the 10kohm 1/2 so they are fine but are bulky.

Thanks a ton for this method and for this thread. Amazing

#32 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(cmdbga @ Oct 16 2010, 03:36 PM) View Post

That tut is overkill if you ask me but i understand:)

This cured my Zephyr E79'ing on every other boot. I used the 10kohm 1/2 so they are fine but are bulky.

Thanks a ton for this method and for this thread. Amazing

Yes, it is overkill, i have used bits and pieces from it but i have never once followed it from begining to end. It does cover alot of the one off situations so it can be good to keep bookmarked.

So glad to hear this made your Zephyr work better! E79 is such a pain in the ass. After all you get stuck doing 1st time set-up everytime it happens.

#33 JBoxMods

JBoxMods

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:System mods & repair, time with the family, BBQ/cooking, workin on the car and other misc. projects.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:47 AM

So has anything of this sort been established for xenon boards? we just run the wiring to the corresponding places on the board, only replacing components right?

Edited by JBoxMods, 20 October 2010 - 12:54 AM.

#34 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE(JBoxMods @ Oct 19 2010, 07:47 PM) View Post

So has anything of this sort been established for xenon boards? we just run the wiring to the corresponding places on the board, only replacing components right?

Yes, you are right. I keep forgetting to post a picture of a Xenon done with transistors.
Maybe you could do it and post one for me smile.gif

#35 fanni

fanni

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:55 PM

Finally just got round to wiring up my troublesome jasper

But it no longer boots into xellous for me?

Do I need to flash a different xellous via lpt to get it booting?

Great tut BTW

will stick some pics up of my instal once i get the bloody thing running lol

BTW I previously had it done the diode method but on odd occasions it would give strange green lights and not boot then the other day it just refused to boot at all so reflashed xellous over lpt and used that to flash my freeboot image over

Just wondering if maybe I have another issue somewhere else?

#36 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

Did you use an smc.bin that was patched to use AUD_CLAMP?

#37 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(fanni @ Oct 22 2010, 12:55 PM) View Post

Finally just got round to wiring up my troublesome jasper

But it no longer boots into xellous for me?

Do I need to flash a different xellous via lpt to get it booting?

Great tut BTW

will stick some pics up of my instal once i get the bloody thing running lol

BTW I previously had it done the diode method but on odd occasions it would give strange green lights and not boot then the other day it just refused to boot at all so reflashed xellous over lpt and used that to flash my freeboot image over

Just wondering if maybe I have another issue somewhere else?

Check out the tutorial at > https://docs.google....mv5h_30dw33vpf4

Read step 6

You will need to download the "Patched SMC and XeLLous images for Zephyr, Jasper, & Falcon:" Links are in the tutorial.

You will also need to build a custom FreeBOOT as AZImmortal has suggested and replace your smc.bin with a patched smc.bin also found in the above suggested download.

Once you figure all this stuff out once it should be really easy for you.

Good luck!

#38 fanni

fanni

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:13 PM

Cheers guys got there in the end flashed over patched xell and updated to patched xellous then flashed my image and all up and running as it should be via hdmi

thanks for your help

here is a pic of the finished install as promised smile.gif

IPB Image

#39 fanni

fanni

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:30 PM

Right still got a bug with this console which is doing my head in now

Have had the console running fine over hdmi but if the console is turned off for a while when i turn it back on i get no video output over hdmi but if i use the component leads it's fine?

Once i get it going again with the component leads i can turn off and it will then work with the hdmi lead until i turn it off for a bit and i'll have to repeat the process again to get the hdmi working

Once i had it boot as if it was all pixelated not in a 3rlod way but as if the screen resolution was way out everything was really blocky?

Think i may just flash my original 7371 on and start from scratch again

Unless someone else has any ideas

#40 haychis

haychis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:02 AM

I've done 3 xenons with this method and they haven't missed a beat. Something I have noticed though, is that it seems to boot up a little quicker ? Don't know if it's related or not .. i'm doing another xenon within the next week .. might post some pics ...

#41 fanni

fanni

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:09 AM

If the console is plugged in with the component lead then it's stable and will boot everytime

Just get the problem over hdmi I get a solid green light and the green ring flashes as normal just no video unless I use component then hdmi

#42 MadBoxer

MadBoxer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

This method looks very promising. I have a 2 jaspers arriving next week that I'm going to try this on. after reading the posts, I have one concern.

I noticed a couple people on this forum say you should update existing jtag wiring using this method if you are having problems. Should I still do this if my boxes are working fine? I've only had 1 of 3 show strange green lights one time, but other than that, they are all flawless (never had e79 error). I dont understand everything in the Xbox 360 SMC I/O Config Utility pdf, but (Correct me if I'm wrong) it seems like the smc method dissconects the SMC when the 3.3v travels through it? Since the old wiring method doesn't do this, can this old wiring potentially damage the box over time? If so, am I correct that I should update all old wiring to prevent possible future damage?

I used this wiring method on my falcon:
http://boxxdr.com/boxxdr_jtag.jpg

I used the standard wiring for my other two xenons.

Edited by MadBoxer, 04 November 2010 - 10:16 AM.

#43 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(MadBoxer @ Nov 4 2010, 05:13 AM) View Post

This method looks very promising. I have a 2 jaspers arriving next week that I'm going to try this on. after reading the posts, I have one concern.

I noticed a couple people on this forum say you should update existing jtag wiring using this method if you are having problems. Should I still do this if my boxes are working fine? I've only had 1 of 3 show strange green lights one time, but other than that, they are all flawless (never had e79 error). I dont understand everything in the Xbox 360 SMC I/O Config Utility pdf, but (Correct me if I'm wrong) it seems like the smc method dissconects the SMC when the 3.3v travels through it? Since the old wiring method doesn't do this, can this old wiring potentially damage the box over time? If so, am I correct that I should update all old wiring to prevent possible future damage?

I used this wiring method on my falcon:
http://boxxdr.com/boxxdr_jtag.jpg

I used the standard wiring for my other two xenons.

If you are not getting any error's then you are probably just fine to leave things alone. Personnaly I updated all of my xbox's to use this new wiring. Both methods i think are electrically safe to use but the transistor method does disconnect once the payload is injected so it is by far the best. And of course using aud_clamp eliminated any ROL issues.

#44 Kaan28

Kaan28

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:39 PM

hello,

thx u for the tutorial. but i getting a rod 0022.

what i did:

1. extractet the smc with 360 flash tool
2. copied SMC_dec.bin in win32 folder of SMC_io.
4. entered in cmd: smc_io smc_dec.bin smc_dec_audclamp.bin and created a new smc
5. then importet that smc with 360 flash tool.
6. flashed the updflash.bin to the xbox

when i flash back the orig.bin the xbox just starts fine. its a zephyr board that can run freeboot 0.032 with a swapped keyvault. do u thing thats the problem?

#45 MadBoxer

MadBoxer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Nov 4 2010, 07:17 AM) View Post

If you are not getting any error's then you are probably just fine to leave things alone. Personnaly I updated all of my xbox's to use this new wiring. Both methods i think are electrically safe to use but the transistor method does disconnect once the payload is injected so it is by far the best. And of course using aud_clamp eliminated any ROL issues.

My two jaspers arrived today and I started the transistor jtag method. They ended up not having internal memory. YAH! I've never worked on small jaspers before (I hate large nands!) and I wanted to verify that they are 16mb like all other boards? Before dumping with nandpro I want to make sure the commands are the same as other 16mb nands "nandpro lpt: -r16 Filename.bin"

Edited by MadBoxer, 07 November 2010 - 02:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users