• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#61 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE(lillboden @ Nov 16 2010, 05:36 PM) View Post

Hey!

my box is randomly rebooting often in gameplay.

Its wired up with diodes now. I'm definitely going down and getting me some transistors and trying this.

Wish me luck biggrin.gif

Not sure if this will fix it but it is worth a shot.

#62 smokeDOGGbaby

smokeDOGGbaby

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:36 PM

Nice tut. I followed and all went well.I have one question though , are the 2n3904 transistors the only ones that work? sorry if this has already been anwsered. thanks

#63 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE(smokeDOGGbaby @ Nov 17 2010, 05:36 PM) View Post

Nice tut. I followed and all went well.I have one question though , are the 2n3904 transistors the only ones that work? sorry if this has already been anwsered. thanks

Other types will work but they might have different pinouts. They also might not work right with 10k resistors if you use something else. So if you want this to work nice with the least chance of problems just get the right stuff. I really should start selling a boxxdr jtag kit with some nice wires, shrink wrap and all components.

#64 MadBoxer

MadBoxer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(smokeDOGGbaby @ Nov 17 2010, 02:36 PM) View Post

Often when a circuit calls for a 3904, you can subsitute almost any NPN transistors and you wont notice a difference. However, why would you want to use others? 2n3904's are very cheap and one of the most common avaialble. Unless you have others laying around, there shouldn't be any reason to use anything else.

#65 syst3merror

syst3merror

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

so can this method be used on all motherboard revisions? (Aside from where the other end of the wires end up soldered to the mobo)

#66 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:56 PM

Yes, eevn though this method was originally developed for the HDMI consoles, it'll work on Xenons as well. MadBoxer posted a pic of a Xenon earlier in this thread.

#67 syst3merror

syst3merror

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(AZImmortal @ Nov 22 2010, 04:56 PM) View Post

Yes, eevn though this method was originally developed for the HDMI consoles, it'll work on Xenons as well. MadBoxer posted a pic of a Xenon earlier in this thread.

awesome, thanks!

And awesome tutorial/mod Boxxdr!

#68 lillboden

lillboden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:21 AM

back again and finish with the new wiring. had a little problem finding a 2n3904 transistor but found a replacement called BC547b but reversed pinouts on emitter and collector and works like a charm.

Thanks for the tut and time will tell if there was any wrong with the diodes I had earlier when i was experiencing random shutdowns and restarts. prob bad soldering. tongue.gif

#69 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE(lillboden @ Nov 22 2010, 07:21 PM) View Post

back again and finish with the new wiring. had a little problem finding a 2n3904 transistor but found a replacement called BC547b but reversed pinouts on emitter and collector and works like a charm.

Thanks for the tut and time will tell if there was any wrong with the diodes I had earlier when i was experiencing random shutdowns and restarts. prob bad soldering. tongue.gif

Good job finding a replacement and noticing the pinout was differnt.

#70 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:53 AM

I've recently started installing the transistors and resistors on the underside of the board since there's a little more room to work with there and it avoids having to run the wires through the holes. Here's a pic of the latest install:

IPB Image

#71 PimpleX

PimpleX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

I have about 90 x BC635 laying about doing nothing, ...dont suppose I could use them could i? Or are the specs too far off?

Cheers

Edited by PimpleX, 11 December 2010 - 03:38 PM.

#72 j911

j911

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:00 PM

Hi, first post here.

I have a jasper 16MB nand 7371 with cb of 6723 which I believe is exploitable. MFG date is
I followed this tutorial and the one mentioned earlier in google docs. I was using coolshrimp JTAG and read the nand with no errors.

When I flashed xell which comes with jtag tool the jasper won't boot with old diode method and bridging pin 4-7. Tried with jasper_6723_hack.bin and it just gives E79. I have checked and rechecked my soldering and its fine, no solder splashes or lose connections as I am using the alternate pin on the underside of the board...

Anyhow now I'm using the transistor mod for the jtag xell stage and modified xell so that it uses aud clamp for TMS and alternate point for tdi and all i get is rrod with 0031.

How are people flashing their jasper's to get xell booting?

p.s if i flash original nand back xbox boots just fine.

#73 boflc

boflc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(j911 @ Dec 15 2010, 01:00 PM) View Post

Hi, first post here.

I have a jasper 16MB nand 7371 with cb of 6723 which I believe is exploitable. MFG date is
I followed this tutorial and the one mentioned earlier in google docs. I was using coolshrimp JTAG and read the nand with no errors.

When I flashed xell which comes with jtag tool the jasper won't boot with old diode method and bridging pin 4-7. Tried with jasper_6723_hack.bin and it just gives E79. I have checked and rechecked my soldering and its fine, no solder splashes or lose connections as I am using the alternate pin on the underside of the board...

Anyhow now I'm using the transistor mod for the jtag xell stage and modified xell so that it uses aud clamp for TMS and alternate point for tdi and all i get is rrod with 0031.

How are people flashing their jasper's to get xell booting?

p.s if i flash original nand back xbox boots just fine.

1) did you write your keyvault afterwards to the nand? (or put it in the image before flashing it)?
2) or.. why didn't you use XBR_Jasper16_8955_3.bin as your starting point? <<probably more important to answer. then answer #1.

#74 boflc

boflc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

i just completed my first aud-clamp. reading (for comprehension) how to build the appropriate xbr_*_8955 w/patched smc's took a while.

i am concerned, to be honest, that if this unit ends up in someone else's hands it'll be coming back to me; either with an incorrectly flashed smc or just to update it. bestpig REALLY needs to add smc_io support; or at least have a set of options (TMS == [drop down], TDI == [drop down]): there's only 6 popular combinations. if folks have more complicated than that (and frankly, i'd be happy if TMS==AUD_CLAMP vs TMS==ARGON_DATA was the only option).

btw, the preceding paragraph is based on the fact that i only work with jaspers. i completely understand falcons & zephyrs needing this method. insanity4all highlighted the support issue about 3 weeks ago and it really did shift my perspective on methodology, at least as far as jaspers go.

anyway, i thought i'd share my work with this box. it took me quite a bit longer than greg, and certainly much longer than RoL wiring or bottom ARGON_DATA wiring.

first, cleaned pins 1,2,4&7:
IPB Image

(missing resistor installation. thanks camera! (read: user error))

bridged resistors:
IPB Image

first transistor in:
IPB Image

second transistor in:
IPB Image

transistors/wires wrapped:
IPB Image

AUD_CLAMP:
IPB Image

and alt-db1f1:
IPB Image

#75 jss61790

jss61790

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:19 PM

I did this method on my xenon. I dumped the nand 3 times, then i flashed xell. When I try to boot into xell with the eject button it just brings up the regular blade dash. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users