• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GodlyPaladin

GodlyPaladin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:30 AM

I've been playing around with Surreal64 5.4 CE. I know CoinOps Showroom and stuff added some 64 support - how does that compare? Is 5.4CE the best of the best or are other emulators making strides?

#2 Xboxer64

Xboxer64

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:57 AM

Interesting. I didn't know that CoinOps Showroom had any n64 support. Can anyone give me a link to read up on this?

Since I was unaware of any n64 support, I can't compare it to Surreal. It's still probably safe for me to say that your best bet is with Surreal though wink.gif

#3 GodlyPaladin

GodlyPaladin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:11 AM

This is what I saw:

http://www.1emulatio...showtopic=31894

I mean I was running 5.4CE today and I couldn't get the Castlevanias past the level select, or Banjo tooie past the title screen, and kazooie ran at about 8-12 FPS. So I was looking for something a bit smoother, perhaps.

#4 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:42 AM

CoinOPS is simply launching other emulators, essentially, CoinOPS is acting as a dashboard.... if you click "Super Mario World", it boots SNES9xbox, then boots Super Mario World. Same goes for all of the consoles it supports, including N64.

So in short, it should be the same support wise. But it will take longer to load a game. For example, it took me about 15 seconds on average to load Genesis games using CoinOPS.... I would stick with using CoinOPS for Arcade games.

Also, make sure you have the latest INI file.

and check the compatibility spreadsheet out to see which games are working,

https://spreadsheets...amp;hl=fr#gid=0

Edited by Pulsemasta, 22 August 2010 - 06:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users