10 replies to this topic

#1 Creebo

Creebo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:17 AM

Hey all,

So I TSOP'd my Xbox a couple of months ago, and all was going well until I decided I wanted to try to get my Xbox to run without the DVD drive. So I prepared a BIOS to be flashed, booted into EvolutionX, began flashing, but then while flashing the power cord literally fell out of my power strip! (It's mounted behind my desk and it's a very very crappy power strip)

Anyway, I bought a modchip in order to fix it. DealExtreme had the DuoX2 GS for $13.37, and I could NOT pass up a price like that. So I have it installed in the machine. It has Cromwell 2.40 on one bank, and some version of X2 on the other bank. Cromwell works fine, I can boot off Linux machines, unlock the HDD, whatever. However, when I try to boot using X2 it may play the flubber animation, but during the animation it will randomly freeze. Video AND audio. I looked this up and thought I nailed it down to the softmod. So I unlocked my drive (unable to boot into any dashboard or games due to the bad TSOP / freezing modchip), restored the backup of the original dashboard, no luck.

A short summary: Softmodded, did a successful TSOP, did a bad TSOP, cannot boot games/homebrew, put in a DuoX2 GS, only Cromwell works, need to fix the TSOP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated biggrin.gif

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:18 AM

Do you know what version Xbox it is?

the doux2 if you could get the X2 bios or what ever to boot Slayers boot disk and maybe you can update the bios on that to a better one. If you cant do that get an You can use cromwell I think to load an eruasia flash disk to flash the bios. I am tired so if this doesnt sound right I am sorry

#3 Creebo

Creebo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

It's a 1.0. Whenever I try to boot from the X2 bank it won't boot anything, ever haha. With Cromwell I'm able to boot Resctoox and Eurasia, but I wasn't sure if I had to do something special to tell it to flash the TSOP instead of the modchip.

#4 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

If the xbox you might be able to do a "wire trick" and fix the tsop http://img.photobuck...e/threewire.jpg try that and see if it works

#5 Creebo

Creebo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:44 PM

I will try that when I get home from work, however I am questioning if it will work. I resized the BIOS from 256KB to 1MB, will that cause problems?

EDIT: Well, downloaded the X2 bios, resized it to 1MB, flashed it.

Edited by Creebo, 23 August 2010 - 09:13 PM.

#6 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:27 PM

it should not cause problems cause when you increase the size like that you are basically just telling it to write the 256k bios 4 times. Evox dash does that automatically when it flashes a chip or tsop anyway.

#7 Creebo

Creebo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:02 AM

Damn, well looks like that didn't work either. I probably should have double checked this before, but I'm not getting Christmas lights anymore. The machine merely powers on, doesn't boot (just stays at a black screen), and the lights remain a steady green whether I hit the power or eject button to turn it on.

#8 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:46 AM

does it do that before the wires were hooked up or after?

http://www.llamma.co...ComaConsole.htm

try that its baically the same thing but test more of the 4 banks

Edited by steveo1978, 24 August 2010 - 03:58 AM.

#9 Creebo

Creebo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:01 AM

Tried all three banks, no dice. I'm guessing it's hosed, but would it be possible to start the Xbox with Cromwell, remove the chip, boot Eurasia, and then do a flash? Would it error out or would it flash the TSOP?

#10 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:08 AM

AFAIK, You cannot fix a dead TSOP with that chip. You will have to leave it installed.

#11 QQ_ghost

QQ_ghost

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Reverse engineering, modification, personalization.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(Creebo @ Aug 23 2010, 10:01 PM) View Post

Tried all three banks, no dice. I'm guessing it's hosed, but would it be possible to start the Xbox with Cromwell, remove the chip, boot Eurasia, and then do a flash? Would it error out or would it flash the TSOP?

That's how I have fixed bricked xboxes, but you mileage may vary... Start in cromwell, unplug your modchip and use raincoat flasher (mini-linux I think).

I have an X2 with "flashbios" on bank 2, and an x2 bios on bank one. Saves time and trouble in reflashing. Been a long time since I un-bricked a box though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users