• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 battousai8728

battousai8728

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:39 AM

So I just bought my JTAG console, but am nowhere near it to play with it (It's at home, while I'm recovering from surgery sad.gif ). I have a few questions regarding some of its abilities and what nots:

1) Can JTAG consoles do neat things like Action Replay-esque codes or hacked save files? Is there any way for MS to detect I used these types of cheats if I take my GT to another box, but not the save file (i.e. play GTA with god mode cheats on or whatever, earn an achievement, then take my GT to my unmodded box and play a legit game of GTA 4, without my hacked save)

2) kinda similar to #1 but If I play back ups on the JTAG, will my profile get corrupted with a banned keyvault? with an unbanned keyvault?

3) whats, in your opinion, the best thing to do on a JTAG console?

Edited by battousai8728, 24 August 2010 - 05:40 AM.

#2 thatguywithnoname

thatguywithnoname

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

Don't use your Xbox LIVE account on your JTAG'd Xbox. MS won't be able to detect you cheating in GTA, but they'll know you've been on XeXMenu and other things that only JTAG'd 360s can do. You'll get banned. Just use an offline profile instead. Also, my favourite thing to do with my JTAG'd 360 is mod Halo 3. I might also start hosting 10th prestige lobbies for Black Ops when it comes out.

smile.gif

Edited by thatguywithnoname, 19 September 2010 - 01:21 PM.

#3 Koriatou

Koriatou

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE(thatguywithnoname @ Sep 19 2010, 08:20 AM) View Post

Don't use your Xbox LIVE account on your JTAG'd Xbox. MS won't be able to detect you cheating in GTA, but they'll know you've been on XeXMenu and other things that only JTAG'd 360s can do. You'll get banned. Just use an offline profile instead. Also, my favourite thing to do with my JTAG'd 360 is mod Halo 3. I might also start hosting 10th prestige lobbies for Black Ops when it comes out.

smile.gif

What he says is true, even if your JTAG doesn't go online directly, Microsoft can still know if your live profile has been on the JTAG, or if the JTAG's profile has been on your retail.

And because it has to be said, it is impossible to mod Black Ops in any way shape and form. All of the dvars, cvars and such have been made so when the default is given, it's impossible to change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users