• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cloudcamaleoniv

cloudcamaleoniv

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:35 AM

Hello people, I'm new here, I have a question, i searched every place and didn't find a good answer for it.

Do you guys think it's possible to break the digital signature on archives with LIVE format? We know that many data with CON format has already been broken. (Avatar items, premium themes, etc).

But what about the LIVE format? What's the diference between them that makes LIVE so hard to break? Is there someone who could explain it? I know lots of people has the same doubt.

Thank you.

#2 Oscar19333

Oscar19333

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:52 AM

LIVE/PIRS/CON (as well as many other Xbox file formats) use RSA encryption. 2048-bit to be exact.

RSA is used to "sign" the file so it cannot be modified without detection, there are 2 keys involved: private and public keys. The private key is used to sign it, the public key is then used to verify the signature.

CON files has been "cracked" because that private key is stored within the 360 (on the KeyVault). LIVE/PIRS files cannot be cracked because they are signed by MS prior to you downloading/installing the content. Only MS has the private key, stored on their servers.

Edited by Oscar19333, 27 August 2010 - 01:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users