Photo

Streaming Shoutcast Radio From Pls Playlist.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 G12345567

G12345567

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

Asked about this problem back in April. Looks like things have changed in the latest builds of XBMC, in the way XBMC handles PLS and M3U playlists.

XBMC XBOX build 30563

I have created a Shoutcast .PLS playlist for quick access to all my favourite on-line radio stations.

I have noticed that XBMC wants to scan the playlist every time it is loaded. I have 174 stations and it takes 4mins 25s to scan the playlist. After that It has no problem loading the radio stations. I can still cancel the playlist scan but then it willl become very slow and take several minutes, just sitting at the "loading... please wait" before it will load the radio station and start playing.

Another thing is that every time I exit the visulisation XBMC always wants to scan the playlist again, If cancell again becomes slow so I have to wait for the scan to complete before it becomes quick and useable again.

Has Schoutcast/playlist been implimented correctly in the latest builds? Any help and ideas on this would be appreciated.

#2 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:19 AM

Is 30563 the first to have this problem? If not, when was it introduced?

#3 G12345567

G12345567

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE(Bomb Bloke @ Aug 27 2010, 02:19 AM) View Post

Is 30563 the first to have this problem? If not, when was it introduced?

Not sure when it was introduced. As I said hadn't updated my xbmc for a few months, since the ones from May and earlier this year wouldn't play shoutcast because they kept timing out and unable to connect to any of the streams labeled Shout in the playlist, yet shoucast labeled HTTP would play instantly. I prefered Shout because it displayed artist and song titles.

Most likely it was introduced when they changed the way xbmc handles HTTP/MMS playlists a few months back. And of course removed shoutcast from xbmc.

Edited by G12345567, 07 September 2010 - 11:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users