#1 potvin

potvin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:17 AM

Hello all

I just flashed a liteon 74x series drive and everything went well with jungleflasher read erase write all verified OK. when I test it won't play backups but it plays retail with no probs...

did something go wrong with the flash ? I tried reflashing 3 times including flashing back to stock and it still didn't work.

should I Try dosflash?

thx all

#2 Takashi

Takashi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:55 AM

If it plays retails, then the flashing went well.
Most likely your backups, are you new to all this maybe?
If the backups are made with verbs from Singapore, and correctly with the right settings/programs/good burner, and work elsewhere, then... weak laser maybe.

Try here also.
http://forums.xbox-s...p?showforum=135

#3 potvin

potvin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:06 AM

im not new.. been around for years and been flashing all drives for yrs... i flashed many liteon 74x series including one of my own with no problems so im guessing its the laser...i use ridata DL's which work on every other system i've done (over 50) so i know its not the dvd's... i'll try a verbatim and see what happens...

#4 Maximize

Maximize

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:14 AM

it is also highly likely that your drive is incapable of reading backups. V7 lite-ons are well known to stop reading originals in 1 years time. I have replaced lite-ons at 1 years time from manufacture, do to laser failure, not motor failure and not laser position problems, and keep in mind it takes a console 2-3 months from manufacture to living room. so one year is crap. It also helps explain why they went through several firmware revisions in a short period. and a0a2 might also be a fix

#5 potvin

potvin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:06 AM

well i tried a verbatim backup and it worked...tried my ridata backup again and it did not work.. so i guess the laser is too weak to read ridata... has to be verbatims lol

thx guys

#6 Maximize

Maximize

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

its always been verbatim, people who use other than verbatim and taiyo yuden will wear there laser prematurely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users