Fade Iczer GEast

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

Hey guys, looking for a definitive guide for using the RemoteX debugger. Barring that, a complete list of commands would be just as useful. I've tried searching the old evolutionX website via the Internet Archive, but I think it's having technical issues for the time being. I'd hop over to the IRC channel, but... Well... I don't really remember where it is anymore, or even if there's still an active #evox channel. Thanks in advance guys!

Edit: I should probably mention that I've been digging around XS for a while as well and not really coming up with anything outside of the standard FTP commands. Nothing else has been close enough to be worth mentioning.

Edited by Fade Iczer GEast, 29 August 2010 - 07:33 PM.

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but read the first few links here.

#3 Fade Iczer GEast

Fade Iczer GEast

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm not trying to turn it into a devbox. I do have the XDK though (both releases... Shh!). I guess what I'm looking for is the RemoteX shell specifications that are built into the Evox dashboard. I do appreciate the info though, but it's kind of going in a different direction. For a bit I was worried no one was even going to reply. :s

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:20 PM

Is this the set of special FTP commands in EvoX for formatting of hdd, hdd locking etc? XBMC implements something similar - invoke XBE etc and source code is available.

Edited by ldotsfan, 11 September 2010 - 02:21 PM.

#5 Fade Iczer GEast

Fade Iczer GEast

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

No, not really. The RemoteX debugger allows you to run an XBE and perform live debugging via a telnet console. You can enable this within the settings of the Evox Dashboard.

It's been referenced in this post here:
http://forums.xbox-s...o...60&hl=kotor

There are a few others, but this one is the most notable. What surprises me is that there is little information floating around about it. I suspect it allows you to set breakpoints and has other functions, but I've yet to find any documentation on it.

Edited by Fade Iczer GEast, 12 September 2010 - 01:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users