• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 the7isbest

the7isbest

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:45 PM

So, I have a copy of Ninja Gaiden Black that's scratched to hell, totally unplayable. So I borrowed a friends copy, FTP'd all the contents over to my computer, created an .iso with OSXISO (I'm on Mac) and burned it to a 4.7gb DVD with Toast 10 Titanium... But the disk tray says empty, so my burning was a failure... This is the ONLY thing I have issues with, so I'm not exactly a NOOB per se, but I have no idea how to burn xbox isos... Thanks a mill.

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

If I remember correctly, you cannot use regular ISO making tools to build an xbox ISO. You need one of a few different special programs written for making them. Either Craxtion or Qwix (and maybe a few new ones since the 360's arrival) both of which are Windows programs. There may be one for Mac users by now but if so, I haven't learned about it yet.

As far as burning them once they are built, Toast will work. The lower the burn speed, the better the results.

My brother used to burn everything at 16x speed and then wonder why he had issues with stuttering cut scenes and the like.

#3 the7isbest

the7isbest

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

I ALWAYS burn at 4x. And I used OSXiso, which is a port of a windows program specifically made for compiling xbox .isos. But if you say craxtion is the only solution, then I guess I have no choice.

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE(the7isbest @ Aug 30 2010, 12:02 PM) View Post

I ALWAYS burn at 4x. And I used OSXiso, which is a port of a windows program specifically made for compiling xbox .isos. But if you say craxtion is the only solution, then I guess I have no choice.

actually it appears to be a port of a UNIX program for making UDF isos

while UDF should work, its not the preferred format, try something like Xdisc

theres also a possibility its a media compatibility issue, if you use DVD+R it may not work with a Samsung DVD-ROM drive

and of course theres always the chance you just had a one time bad image or burn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users