• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trish_and_trash

trish_and_trash

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:32 AM

There is a heated discussion (war) in my household. About a week ago I purchased an Xbox 360-S console, Model 1439 and I can't connect it to my PC. It's my understanding that I don't need a wireless networking adapter; in fact, there's no place to insert the two tabs on the back of the console that extend from the adapter. I even bought a wireless networking N adapter to bring peace to the household but it just could not be connected to the back of the unit.

I've tried NUMEROUS times to download my wireless network settings from the flash drive to the 360 console but nothing happens. The "select" button is inoperable.

If I am correct - and I may not be - can someone tell me why the wireless network settings do not transfer from the flash drive to the Xbox 360-S?

I am well aware that this could be a P.I.C.N.I.C. - problem in chair, not in computer.

Thanks.

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

I'm sure thats PC to PC right, i didn't think the network save feature was for the 360. the S has built in wireless N no adapters needed. u just need to enter the SSID, password (if there is one) and DHCP (dynamic) or STATIC if you enter manual. if you right click on ur taskbar network icon and get to the details page it lists the information for you.

http://support.xbox....networking.aspx

Edited by bucko, 31 August 2010 - 11:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users