• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 enthax

enthax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:58 PM

So I'm trying to add some games to my xbox hard drive. I've done it before. I've tried using FlashFXP and CoreFTP but I'm having the same problem. Some files don't transfer to my xbox. They just fail and I can't use the games at all. Is there a way to fix this or does this just happen to some games? I'm using "C-xbox tool 2" To convert the Iso to the correct files. Is there a way to just upload the Iso without converting it first?

#2 Clockface

Clockface

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

I don't think that it's possible to upload an ISO and run it on the XBox, but even if it were, you should ideally want to find and fix the problem rather than bypass it. One thing that does occur to me is that since the XBox has tighter limits on it's supported filenames than Windows does, then this might be the problem (it still catches me out). If you can, for example, FTP some files across to your XBox, but not others, then take one of the ones that you can't FTP across, and rename it to, say:

test.dat

and try to FTP it across. If it works, then you know that it is a filename problem, and easy to fix - either just manually rename the files yourself, or download and use a program to do it for you - I use fatxrenamer.exe

Note: if you do rename files yourself, YOU MUST KEEP THE FILE TYPE, THAT IS THE THREE OR LESS LETTERS AFTER THE FULL STOP (THE PERIOD), THE SAME, i.e. if the file is called:

Super Mario World [!] - 12122133efr4f5545gh56h56h6h7676{}!12333swswswsdefrfrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.ZIP

then rename it to something like:

SuperMarioWorld.zip

so that you keep the file type the same (in this case it is .zip) and also get rid of any spaces and any non letters or non-digits.

If that isn't the problem, then you'll have to be more specific. Detail some of the filenames that won't tranfser, and the error message(s) that you get. Whenever you post about a problem, always post as much information as possible, remember, too much information is better than too little.

#3 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:59 AM

Use DVD2Xbox. It will alleviate those problems.

#4 Xmodder deluX

Xmodder deluX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:37 AM

There are a couple of limits that you should be aware of when ftping to the xbox. First of all, there is a 42 character limit which includes the extension. Second, the xbox is unable to store filenames with certain characters. Make sure to eliminate all of the illegal characters. And third, there is a filesize limit of about 4 GB. If you have ISOs bigger than 4 GB, you probably can't run them from your hard drive on the xbox. I know you can put ISOs into split rar files and xbmc will be able to play them if it is a dvd movie.

If you use XBMC to transfer your files, it will automatically rename them for you if there are more than 42 characters or if there are illegal characters. Also, you could use filezilla which is a very good ftp client and it's free. By the way, what game are you putting on your xbox? If it's an xbox game then you don't need to have the ISO on your xbox, just the files on the ISO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users