Photo

Help - Can You Skip The Cutscenes In Black?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Clockface

Clockface

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:35 PM

The first person shooter Black is a great game, except that you cannot skip it's long cutscenes. Is there any way around this, by altering a file, or renaming stuff in the game's directory when it's installed on a hard drive, or whatever?

Thanks for any answers.

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:16 AM

As far as I know, you only have to sit through the cut scenes on levels you haven't yet played. That said, there is no way to skip them other than zipping through the game on easy first and then from there, you have the option to skip them when you go back to the beginning to play through on the harder difficulties.

You can't even download a game save of a completed game to get around the cut scenes because this game happens to be one of the games that check your xbox eeprom before loading the save.

#3 Clockface

Clockface

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ Sep 9 2010, 02:16 AM) View Post

As far as I know, you only have to sit through the cut scenes on levels you haven't yet played. That said, there is no way to skip them other than zipping through the game on easy first and then from there, you have the option to skip them when you go back to the beginning to play through on the harder difficulties.

You can't even download a game save of a completed game to get around the cut scenes because this game happens to be one of the games that check your xbox eeprom before loading the save.

OK mate, thanks for that. What does the game check the EPROM for, though? To see if it's the same XBox that the game was saved on? If so, can't the gamesaves be edited in some way to work on any other XBox?

Not that it matters, it's just a nuisance not being able to skip them (the first time you encounter them). Unskippable cutscenes, like undefinable controls, should have no place in a computer game.

#4 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE(Clockface @ Sep 12 2010, 07:34 PM) View Post

OK mate, thanks for that. What does the game check the EPROM for, though? To see if it's the same XBox that the game was saved on? If so, can't the gamesaves be edited in some way to work on any other XBox?

Yes
QUOTE(Clockface @ Sep 12 2010, 07:34 PM) View Post

If so, can't the gamesaves be edited in some way to work on any other XBox?

The only way I know of would be to make your xbox eeprom match the one from the xbox that originally made the save. I am not sure if you can go the other way editing the game save. I have never had to try it as I have never used a save that someone else made.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 13 September 2010 - 12:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users