You can use the nandreader to hack the ps3.
Here a simple instruction set:
1) Download compiled code for pics 18F modified for USB SPI here.
2) Program the usb spi, following the following instructions Start at "Prepare TIAO 360 USB SPI Interface "
3) Download Stealth Backup Manager. MOD EDIT: Link Removed, copyright code.
4) Copy Manager.pkg corresponding to you onto an external drive. (Formatted FAT32)
5) Go to your PS3 and do a complete power cycle. (Turn off completely with switch on back.)
6) Plug in your USB SPI, turn on the switch in back.
7) Power on your PS3 and hit the eject button immediately. (This is the part most people mess up.)
8) If you did it right, you will have two folders on your XMB. One that says “Install Package Files” and another “/app_home/PS3_GAME/”.
9) Plug in your USB drive with the Manager.pkg file. You should now see it in the “Install Package Files” folder. Run it. You should now have Package Manager installed. Once installed remove the external drive.
10) Insert your original PS3 game and run Package Manager. It will ask you whether you want to load it or back it up. Back it up!
11) After a few minutes you’ll have a copy of the game showing up. Select it and it will load it to the XMB menu. Screen will go black and kick you back out to the XMB.
12) On the XMB Hit the game icon and you can now start enjoying the backup copy of your PS3 game.
The stealth backup manager uses COD Modern Warfe data I believe, so you might need to delete any games saves or data associated to the game before installing the backup manager. Please note an original game in the ps3 is always required to run a backup. It does not matter which original game.
Instructions are provided without guaranteed or warranty.
Please visit the following thread for support and information.
PS work is not mine, just providing info, thanks goes out to those people who made this possible.
Edited by RDC, 17 September 2010 - 06:27 AM.