5 replies to this topic

#1 Orillion

Orillion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:49 PM

Hi,

i have an xbox (not 360), with mod chip Xecuter 2, hard drive 80 GB, and two controllers (one of them is broken)

My question: Is there any way to have a new xbox controller, without using amazon.com, or stuff like buying on internet..

I was thiking to buy a xbox 360 controller for Windows, and adapt to be an xbox controller (not 360), but i dont know is possible..

Any comment, will be appreciated.. Thanks

Edited by Orillion, 07 September 2010 - 05:53 PM.

#2 Nextelhalo

Nextelhalo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:46 PM

You should try your local game store or good old Craigslist.

#3 memainman

memainman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:25 PM

ive heard that the xbox controllers for windows wont work on an xbox but ive never tried and i dont exactly trust my source.
but yeah, apart from locally theres really no other option. look hard enough and you can get them for uber cheap on the internets. i know someone who bought 40 broken ones for $30 and fixed 36 of them then sold them all for a 1300% profit...

#4 Orillion

Orillion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:44 AM

Hmm..

And if I try it with an xbox 360 controller USB, do you guys think that will work or something?

#5 memainman

memainman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:29 PM

well thats what i was reffering to. mainly because of different size POTs or something like that so the xbox wont recognise a buttonpress. im not an expert on it oranything however. im sure there would be no harm in trying anyway.

#6 GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but only official and 3rd party controllers work with the Xbox. The problem lies in the Xbox's BIOS being only able to recognize and use certain USB devices that were designed for (you guessed it!) the XBOX. If you want to use a different controller you can buy an adaptoid which converts the information from one controller (like a PS2 controller) to an Xbox friendly data language. Or you can swap out the internals/rewire the buttons from one controller to another (which I've done and is WAY more work than its worth). Or you can write your own BIOS to work with new USB controllers (has yet to be done).

And while 360 controllers can physically connect to the Original XBOX and they're both USB devices, its not that simple. They are very different in terms of how they are programmed to send and receive data and the "language" they "speak" with the console itself.

Or you could take apart the controller and try and figure out whats wrong with it. Often times I've found a bad cord to be all thats wrong with a broken controller.

good luck, happy modding cool.gif
-scotch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users