Download: PS3 FTP Server Homebrew Application / PS3 FTP Server Homebrew Application (Mirror)
It is an FTP Server for the PS3, with it, on a retail with your choice of "hack" to enable unsigned code it allows:
• Full Read/Write access to all of "dev_hdd0" (including save areas, games, VM etc)
• Full Read/Write access to "dev_flash2" and "dev_flash3"
• Full Read/Write access to connected usb devices
• Full Read access to "dev_flash"
• Full Read access to "dev_bdvd"
Connect with your choice of FTP client - Prefered is the old "ftp" from the command line, however Filezilla seems to work, allowing only one connection, and disabling PASV support.
Furthermore, the Server does not support some commands (like rename, of all things!) so make sure what you do counts!
Use the IP shown on the screen - make sure to have your net connection up and running before hand (wired is so much faster)
Connect to that IP, port 21, use the username: FTPD12345, and whatever password you like. I could have removed the username check in the library, but I'm lazy!
Be careful, some of the flash contents ARE writable , nobody is responsible for what you do to your PS3 but you!
• Can not write to dev_flash
• Can not rename files
• Buggy as hell (randomly crashes, blame Sony!)
• Files > 4GB increments show as the difference, for example a 6GB file shows as "2gb", or a 11gb file shows as 3gb - It will download, well past 100% , just let it keep going!
Finally, this app was coded quickly, by someone who can't code for the life of him. It mostly uses provided API's, and the GUI is based off of a sample - but, it gets the job done.
Furthermore a tiny, tiny, super tiny bit of editing was done to the library to allow full access to the entire system, and the hack enabled the rest! Enjoy!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks news. Also be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks Forum for updates!
Read more: http://www.ps3news.c.../#ixzz0ytYz45P8