Photo

V1.0 Flashed Succsesfully, Do I Remove The Solder Points Now?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 golord

golord

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:25 AM

so I have chipped around 160 xboxs, but it has been a few years. well a month ago my x2 chip just stopped working and while trying to trouble shoot it it burnt the traces of the switch card, and finally decided to flash it instead, luckily I keep a copy of all epproms of every xbox I work on, so It was no biggy to make a retail hdd for it. So I flashed it, only took me like 8min start to finish, which was way easier that the tutorials make it sound. now the only question I have is it ok to leave it in "writable mode", or should I remove the solder?
given no tut says to remove the solder that I have read, and Is nice to have just in "writable mode" to freely change the bios whenever, but will it be harmful or make it more likely to get corrupted? just lookin to the people that would know. thanx

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:22 AM

theres no problem or danger in leaving it writable, ive had mine writable for 6+ years and had no problems lol

the only issue would be if you have someone around (children, young siblings, etc) who might mess with menu items and accidentally flash the console (solution to this is of course not to keep flashing software on the xbox, lol)

#3 golord

golord

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

thanx a bunch , I couldn't see any issues with leaving it as mod chipped boxes can last forever and they are permanently soldered on, just like to be sure. I'm sure some other people will thank you too for clarifying this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users