11 replies to this topic

#1 othersider

othersider

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:30 AM

I've got a v 1.1 xbox, that i looked around for instructions, i found out the bios i want to be using is sized at 1024k i went with the ind 5003 bios opened up xbtool and moddifyed the colours to my choice etc but left the bios sized at 256k because I was going to be flashing wit raincoat 0.7. i read this was ok because it would write to all 4 banks.

I went to be useual places and grabbed 'splintercellsave_with_evox_raincoat-pal.' and '007_raincoat_0.7' extracted splintercell game save to my desktop and extracted 007 raincoat 0.7 to my desktop.Just to make sure I was going to be using 0.7 raincoat i swooped the the splintercelll raincoat file (in the raincoat folder) and raincoat.conf with the ones from the 007 raincoat 0.7 folder.

After i ziped everything back up and got it to my xbox hardrive i loaded my original splintercell loaded linux and booted into evox, then choose to flash with raincoat, heard the sound and opened telnet on my desktop (I'm using a crossover cable and windows 7) I loged in password etc...

BACKUP up my original bios and flashed. (Followed the readme instructions) .

Now when i reboot my xbox it trys to boot, once then trys twice then finally the third time boots but the light on the front of te box is flashing red and orange and the screen is black.

The tsop is not a sharp so I only brigde the point on the front of the moterboard and the one on the back, but surley it woudn't have flashed if the soldering points wasn't correct.

I really don't no what is wrong or whether i've compleatly messed it up any input would help.

Thanks,

#2 othersider

othersider

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:03 AM

OK so I've found This and this guys saying that solder points could be bad,traces etc. But what I don't understand is if the solder points were bad why would i be aloud to continue to flash my bios? i booted up the xbox with the solder job done,inorder for me to load up the game ok. Can any one confirm whether it is for sure that on a 1.1 v xbox i only need to solder the two points on the top and the two points on the bottom, not a sharp tsop.

Point here

And

Other point here

how do you link these pictures to te thread?

Thanks

Edited by othersider, 11 September 2010 - 08:11 AM.

#3 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:01 AM

are you sure you used the correct bios? you say you used iND 5003, but modified with xbtool, xbtool doesnt work with iND bioses, its only for the x2 4000 series

other than that everything sounds right, you can try the 3 wire trick (see my sig) and see if that helps

#4 othersider

othersider

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:14 AM

Yup iND-BiOS.5003.06. I'm going to try the 3 wire trick. In xbtool i just changed the colours of the startup xbox logo thats it, ind should be by default 256k and be capable of writting 4 banks right? if so then if xbtool doesn't work with ind nothing sould of changed leaving the bios at the default. If I get it going, i will need to reflash to savour my xbox should i flash again with ind bios at 256k or can i switch it up to 1024k,is that possible? if so what tool do i use?

thanks man L)

#5 othersider

othersider

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:15 PM

the 3 wire trick didn't work.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

That's surprising. If it definitely doesn't work on all banks then the BIOS must be corrupt, so you'll need to fit a chip.

And to reiterate what lordvader129 said, you don't use XBtool with iND-BIOS. I've just tried and it refuses to open iND-BIOS.5003, so I have no idea what you actually did. I suspect that you might have used X2ool, which is for X2.5xxx BIOSes, and which just writes an X2config.ini file, but that doesn't explain why the BIOS is corrupt.

You've also missed the key point about using iND-BIOS.5003, which is that you DON'T edit the BIOS, you flash the BIOS then make your changes in the config file, C:\ind-bios.cfg

Edited by Heimdall, 11 September 2010 - 01:18 PM.

#7 othersider

othersider

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:16 PM

If i can't boot with the 3 wires intact then all banks must be corrupt yup looks so. Is it worth getting a chip, how does the chip work? and what chip?

thanks,

#8 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:19 PM

DuoX2. Cheap, reliable, has 2 x 512k banks - and it's still available!

#9 othersider

othersider

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:40 PM

I just ordered it from modchipworld, when i get it i'll install it and my box will run again so i can sort out my corrupt bios and then i can have the option of taking the chip out, is this correct?

#10 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

No. You can't easily repair the BIOS. The chip will stay in the Xbox.

#11 othersider

othersider

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:35 PM

as in the chip is a step in bios until i unstall the chip.

#12 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:39 PM

No. The chip stays in the Xbox. Permanently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users