6 replies to this topic

#1 yukima

yukima

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

Hey all, from what ive read i don't quite understand how these jailbreaks run. I understand that you can buy something like the Minimus AVR USB, and flash it with some sort of Jailbreak utility. But its after this where I'm a little confused.

Does this device flash something directly to the PS3? or does this usb device have software that runs off of it? So if i unplugged this USB dongle would my PS3 switch back to its normal state or is it permanently flashed.

#2 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:11 PM

From what little I understand about the technical aspects of the jailbreak, it emulates plugging and unplugging of USB devices, freeing up memory for exploit code to be injected into the PS3. The hack itself isn't permanent and must be run each time you turn off the PS3. Leaving the device plugged in your PS3 has no direct effect on the operation of the PS3 unless you turn it on in the way required to run the hack.

#3 heil

heil

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:25 AM

azimmortal is correct. again, this only works with 3.41 and if upgraded to 3.42 you're out of luck.

#4 yukima

yukima

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:58 AM

Thanks AZImmortal, exactly what i was wondering.

#5 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:36 AM

Yeah people thought that the ps3 was 'unhackable'. It is hacked wide open. but there is a problem though. IF you want to play GT5 you will need to update. Unless people start making custom firmwares. Kind of like psp. and to certain extent jtagged 360 running modified 9199 kernels.

#6 yukima

yukima

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:00 PM

Nothing will ever be unhackable... There will always be someone in the exploit community that just as smart or smarter then a company.

#7 ddxcb

ddxcb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:03 PM

all i know the device turns the PS3 into a debugging unit to make it run unsigned content.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users