Photo

Already Modded Xbox With Unleashx On It.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LazarusMonkey

LazarusMonkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

Sorry, if this is a retarded question but I just paid 100 bucks for a soft moded xbox that has unleashed installed (i see it in the memory section on my normall dash) But the guy that sold it to me said to access the games I need to hold down buttons during the reboot of the xbox. I dont know if the buttons he gave me are right or when exactly to press them to access the unleash dash. This xbox has a lot of games on the memory but I cant get to them, Please tell me how I can....thanks

#2 LazarusMonkey

LazarusMonkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:39 PM

I read some more on this sight and I guess what Im looking for is a way to get to the unleashx dash when the ms dash is the default and I dont know the shortcut set for the xbox by the person that installed unleashx. is there another way to force the unleashx dash to load incase you forget your shortcut buttons.

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:57 PM

You're making very little sense. You talk of pressing buttons, but don't say which ones, so there is no way to work backwards to find out how your Xbox is modded - if indeed it is modded at all. You talk about games on the Xbox, but what you are describing is gamesaves.

Let's start with some basic questions. What colour is the LED when you boot the Xbox with the power button? What colour is it when you boot with the eject button? Does it boot to a different dash when you boot with the eject button? If you cold boot with a boot disc (like Frosty's Rescue Disc) does it load?

In the meantime go back to whoever you bought the Xbox from and ask them for more details on how it is modded, which softmod they used etc.

#4 LazarusMonkey

LazarusMonkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:13 AM

The led light is always green and only ms dash comes up using eject or power to boot it..
The guy I got my xbox from didnt mod it and has no idea what was used. He got it for his 8yr old boy and never messed with the mod section just played halo 2 on it. He told me the guy who modded it said to play the games and emulators press start+back+Lt+Rt+black+white as it was booting. he said that when he watched the guy do it a window with a list opened at the botton of the screen and when the guy clicked on somthing a screen loaded that looked like an old arcade and had the list of emulators and games on it.

I asumed it was a unleashx dashboard because on the ms dashboard memory section (with 50000 blocks on it) had a save file for Unleashx xbox Launcher and also other things not just games saves but stuff like xtoolbox, xsnes9x, DVD2XBOX and a few other things that come with being modded.

The buttons he told me dont do anything unless Im not doing right but he couldnt either I think hes mix up on what buttons to press. so My question is how to I access Unleashx without the shortcut buttons when its not set as default dashboard. all I get is the msdahboard...thanks.

#5 LazarusMonkey

LazarusMonkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:32 AM

I tried using frostys rescure but it wouldnt boot on my xbox, I think the arcade looking page he saw was from the mame emulator I saw saved in the memory.. he said when the guy that modded it shown him how to boot it up it brought up a box with a list and he went to somthing starting with m that brought up a arcade with a lot of games listed.. so I geuss Ill keep trying his start+back+Lt+Rt+black+white as a short cut to the dashboard that lets you play the games..I dont know when during the booting to do it but Ill keep trying...thanks anyways.

#6 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:51 PM

Sorry weird double post.

Edited by fallenangle, 14 September 2010 - 11:57 PM.

#7 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:51 PM

It sounds to me as if it was softmodded at some point but that it may have been removed and the MS dash restored. As Heimdall said what you're seeing is the 'game' saves those particular applications and the installer create. Just because they're there doesn't mean the Xbox is now modded.

Are there any SID or Splintercell/Mechassault/OO7 game saves with Linux logos in amongst the ones you have? That might indicate how the console was softmodded.
I'd also look at the bottom of the console to see if it has ever been opened.

If there is some hidden shortcut to the Emulators and it was done using the basic UnleashX shortcuts it won't be a combination controller button press. I don't know whether there is even a possibility of it being such an elaborate combination as you've been trying. You'll have take advice from others about that.

The only combination shortcut I know is the in-game re-set (IGR). Hold down L + R triggers and press Start+Back together. If it works that will simply reboot the main dash. But it may at least confirm the thing is softmodded because you should get an UnleashX logo appearing during the reboot.

Should there be any shortcut set up it will most likely be one of the following seven individual buttons: Y, X, A, B, Start, Black, White. Simply boot or reboot the Xbox whilst holding down each button. If there is a shortcut just after the Microsoft logo X (box) screen it should load. If the first button doesn't work try another and so on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users