2 replies to this topic

#1 will123

will123

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:03 PM

I have done a lot of reading about turning on and off an xbox original unit. I have read about the XIR method and the door bell method. I was wondering if the following was pragmatic and possible. Plug the xbox into a x10 controlled outlet and use an iphone to control that outlets "on off" I would suppose that the xbox would have to be modified in such a way as allow it to go off and on everytime the outlet provided or shut off power. I guess the "tooth pick method" could be used to wedge the on off button into always being on. I have two questions.

1) does the above make sense?
2) does turning on the xbox by applying current to it as opposed to using the usual switch to turn it on or off have any negative consequences?

thank you
bk

#2 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

This is similar to how some people rig their in-car X-Box setups.

Having the console turned on the moment it gets mains power shouldn't cause any problems, though XBMC in particular prefers to only be shut down using the actual shutdown option within the software itself. Some of XBMC's config files might get corrupted if the console loses power at the wrong moment, for example - though this is also true if you use the power button on the front of the console, so you can likely see how rarely that would be an issue.

#3 will123

will123

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:38 PM

thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users