• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kazumakiryuu

kazumakiryuu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:44 PM

I was in the process of softmodding my Xbox1, and I ran into a problem pretty quickly. I thought I had everything down after reading multiple things, but when I type "1" into the XboxHDM command prompt on the first screen, after about 3 lines of scrolling text, the screen goes and stays black. This is what I'm doing step by step:

-My PC only has 1 ATA slot, but 2 SATA slots. I'm using a SATA to IDE adapter on my PC's CD drive, and have it plugged into the first SATA slot. The ATA slot has the ribbon I'm going to use to hotswap to the Xbox's HDD with, because I've read it's necessary to plug the Xbox's HDD into the first primary master slot.
-I power on the Xbox, with the IDE going to the DVD drive unplugged to get "error 12". I've read this is necessary to unlock the HDD. (Is this right?)
-I power my PC, it boots to CD. With "error 12" present, and the Xbox on, I unplug the IDE going to the Xbox's HDD and swap it with the one connected to my PC's ATA slot. (Is this the right time to make the swap? I haven't damaged the Xbox at all yet so I'm guessing I'm not doing anything too wrong. Should I be trying to do something more specific?)
-XboxHDM v1.9 starts. I am attempting to load NDURE 3.0 onto the Xbox. The inital command prompt comes up every time, and I type "1" and hit enter. Some scrolling text about linux, then black screen. I've tried pressing "2" instead since they appear to be the same, but I get the same problem.

So that's a pretty solid roadblock. I'm thinking of attempting it on a friend's PC, but does anyone know what the problem might be? Am I doing something wrong maybe? Any help would be great.

Also, here's my Xbox version information:
Kernel Ver:1.00.5838.01
Dash Ver:1.00.5659.03
I think this makes the Xbox a V1.6?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:52 PM

You need 2 IDE ports on your motherboard with xboxhdm 1.9, as the instructions clearly state.

Use xboxhdm 2.1 or 2.2 instead, and use Kingroach NDURE 3.1.

#3 kazumakiryuu

kazumakiryuu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:44 AM

Ah, I figured that could be the problem. Thanks for that. Should I just use the setup I detailed above, but with these new versions then? That is, Xbox HDD to primary (and only) ATA slot, and my PC CD drive to the SATA slot via adapter. I take it I'm suppose to make the new boot disc in the same way I did with XboxHDM 1.9 and NDURE 3.0?

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:47 AM

No, you boot from USB....... no need for CD.

#5 kazumakiryuu

kazumakiryuu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:00 AM

Boot from USB huh? Just a flash drive or something? I have a USB external HDD, but I don't think my PC would be able to boot to it. Probably would have to install some things on it for that to happen.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:04 AM

Flash drive. Start here.

#7 mmtorry

mmtorry

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE(kazumakiryuu @ Sep 17 2010, 03:44 PM) View Post

I was in the process of softmodding my Xbox1, and I ran into a problem pretty quickly. I thought I had everything down after reading multiple things, but when I type "1" into the XboxHDM command prompt on the first screen, after about 3 lines of scrolling text, the screen goes and stays black. This is what I'm doing step by step:

-My PC only has 1 ATA slot, but 2 SATA slots. I'm using a SATA to IDE adapter on my PC's CD drive, and have it plugged into the first SATA slot. The ATA slot has the ribbon I'm going to use to hotswap to the Xbox's HDD with, because I've read it's necessary to plug the Xbox's HDD into the first primary master slot.
-I power on the Xbox, with the IDE going to the DVD drive unplugged to get "error 12". I've read this is necessary to unlock the HDD. (Is this right?)
-I power my PC, it boots to CD. With "error 12" present, and the Xbox on, I unplug the IDE going to the Xbox's HDD and swap it with the one connected to my PC's ATA slot. (Is this the right time to make the swap? I haven't damaged the Xbox at all yet so I'm guessing I'm not doing anything too wrong. Should I be trying to do something more specific?)
-XboxHDM v1.9 starts. I am attempting to load NDURE 3.0 onto the Xbox. The inital command prompt comes up every time, and I type "1" and hit enter. Some scrolling text about linux, then black screen. I've tried pressing "2" instead since they appear to be the same, but I get the same problem.

So that's a pretty solid roadblock. I'm thinking of attempting it on a friend's PC, but does anyone know what the problem might be? Am I doing something wrong maybe? Any help would be great.

Also, here's my Xbox version information:
Kernel Ver:1.00.5838.01
Dash Ver:1.00.5659.03
I think this makes the Xbox a V1.6?

Sounds like your using a newer PC. For some reason Xbox HDM disc doesn't like newer PC's. Try using a old PC like 5 years or older. The disc worked with my 2005 HP PC.

or

Try remaking the Xbox HDM disc again. I had to remake because I had the wrong files. Follow every step of this tutorial! It saved my Xbox.

http://forums.afterd...view.cfm/533828

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users