Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:34 AM

Hddhackr V1.24 Build 20100904
Posted by XanTium | September 17 21:34 EST | News Category: Xbox360

Team MODFREAKz released a new version of HDDHackr, a tool that allows you to use some Western Digital laptop HDDs as Xbox 360 HDD.

What's new/fixed:
* Fixed issue with LBA 28/48-bit address comparison
* Confirmed HddHacker supports hard drives manufactured 2010
- WD Scorpio Blue Series BPVT
- WD AV-25 Series BUDT

Notes:
Q. I heard lot of people having problems with the new 2010 models. Does it matter wich moddel I have?
A. The 2010 drive are the same, lots of people have hacked them perfectly. 99% of problems appear to be SATA chipset or BIOS configuration.

Official Site: n/a, by Team MODFREAKz
Download: here
News-Source: xboxhacker.org

#2 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

Yaa Hack the Planet! (first lol jk) biggrin.gif

#3 T3chWarrior

T3chWarrior

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

awesome, time to see if my old 250 bevs will come back to life. had 48bit lba problem

#4 Namco

Namco

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:19 PM

Awesome. HddHackr is a treat to use. The hardest part of a hard drive upgrade is figuring out which version of Xplorer 360 to use.

Edited by Namco, 21 September 2010 - 12:14 AM.

#5 noobcube

noobcube

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE(Namco @ Sep 20 2010, 06:19 PM) View Post

Awesome. HddHackr is a treat to use. The hardest part of a hard drive upgrade is figuring out which version of Xplorer 360 to use.

Would Xbox 360 Commander not work?

#6 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Modding and Gaming 24/7
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:15 PM

I don't suppose there's any chance of getting a version of hddhakr that can do a common cheap (relatively) SSD (Soloid-State-Drive - Preferrably one with a sandforec controller) ???????????????????? That would be super cool

Luv the existing app just the same.

#7 turnkit

turnkit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:18 AM

A couple of tips:

on my computer I could not boot from the front panel USB but after (some long work) I found that I could boot just fine on the rear USB ports -! So if you are having trouble booting, try different USB ports. (My front ports formatted the disc but just would not boot.)

Also -- if HDDHACKR doesn't see your SATA drive, check your BIOS settings. I have an Intel-based motherboard with a RAID / AHCI option and hddhackr would not see my drives. I switched the BIOS setting and disabled the RAID (since my normal drives were all disconnected anyway) and changed the setting from AHCI to ATA... after that hddhackr saw my drives.

Finally... I don't have hddss.bin or another 250GB XBOX hard drive laying around to pull it from! I didn't realize this was required. It should be spelled out. I am trying to upgrade my $200 XBOX SLIM 2GB version by adding my own hard drive -- not upgrading an existing one (except for the 2GB flash ram) -- so I hope I can find this or work it out. The instructions might add the fact that an older drive is required (is it?) -- that part gets a bit confusing.

#8 CyborgCygnus

CyborgCygnus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

So I bought a WD Blue Series BPVT 320GB to flash. I made the bootable MS-DOS HDDhackr stick & changed all the bios settings I could in my Asus mobo, there was no setting for ATA, I turned on compatibilty mode for Legacy, changed my drives to read as IDE, the only other options were RAID & AHCI which obviously won't work. When I booted from the MSDOS thing it gets to obviously reading my 320gb drive but says non detectable ATA device. I tried formatting the brand new drive to FAT32 to see if that helped, it didn't, I also tried using Hex to backup the 16-22 sections & put on the hddss.bin ones then rebooted and tried to run HDDHACKR, still wouldnt pick up my drive & let me properly flash and partition it. Is there any other way of flashing and partitioning? If not looks like I need to go to some random old persons house and ask to mess with their pc.

#9 les_222

les_222

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(CyborgCygnus @ Jan 14 2013, 09:20 AM) View Post

So I bought a WD Blue Series BPVT 320GB to flash. I made the bootable MS-DOS HDDhackr stick & changed all the bios settings I could in my Asus mobo, there was no setting for ATA, I turned on compatibilty mode for Legacy, changed my drives to read as IDE, the only other options were RAID & AHCI which obviously won't work. When I booted from the MSDOS thing it gets to obviously reading my 320gb drive but says non detectable ATA device. I tried formatting the brand new drive to FAT32 to see if that helped, it didn't, I also tried using Hex to backup the 16-22 sections & put on the hddss.bin ones then rebooted and tried to run HDDHACKR, still wouldnt pick up my drive & let me properly flash and partition it. Is there any other way of flashing and partitioning? If not looks like I need to go to some random old persons house and ask to mess with their pc.

I had to used my add-on Sata card with a via chipset. I could not use my onboard sata port either on my gigabyte board. I tried.

My via chipset add-on card never lets me down with anything xbox related. I did mine in dos with the latest hd hacker. I just did one a week ago.

Use a add-on just like this one : http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B000YMJ6ZE
As long as it has a VIA VT6421A chipset you should have no problem.

#10 thecleanser

thecleanser

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

I can only thank the excellent work, hddhackr 1:40 is working perfectly emphasize that the tutorials should mention that users pay attention to the different rpm that can be in different models.

Friends, I could put a wd hd (1 tera) on xbox360 as internal (recognized more than 290 gb) follows the link and movie images.

movie that shows the configuration of the HD in MSDOS
http://www.youtube.c...p;v=ssZ0JRhPg-A

Video showing how the HD is displayed on XBOX
http://www.youtube.c...p;v=IAjUEv59Cc0

film that shows how to find the serial number
http://www.youtube.c...p;v=3Lk9y_bVW_w

I Use HDDhackr 1.40.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users