#1 killakill615

killakill615

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:11 PM

hey hows it going guys this will be my first post but ive been religiously viewing this site because its the best (imo) anywho i have a xenon chipset 360 with rrod and soon to be hopefully fixed with the xclamp mod ...but off that subject im looking into creating the absolute MAXIMUM amount of cooling possible staying in the aircooled realm ...now ive read air pressure=proper heat dissipation and to be careful of making reliefs in the metal casing to be sure not to starve one side or the other ...now my main question is can anyone help me out with an animation of the aero of a 360 or possible a video of an aero test would suffice (ive searched google hard already) ...now last question (sorry to write a book lol) would it be cooler to run a open top chassis with a brisk breeze for the ram chips if i cleaned the dust regularly and added the fan shroud mod, whisper legacy fan, 2nd gen gpu heatsink, AS5 paste, and possible ram heatsinks? thanks alot for the help ...xbox scene is where its at when it comes to my theoretical 360 needs haha tongue.gif

#2 killakill615

killakill615

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:17 PM

maybe someone can tell me if the cpu 1st gen heatsink transfers heat better because of the copper but possibly not convect the heat as well? and all my parts are here and im beginning all the mods i just need to know if it would be benificial to cut a hole below the gpu/cpu spot in the center of the x for better cooling (possible scoop design going up under it to push air into the chips) and also i was thinking to drilling 2 or 3 holes as a passage for air near the mem card slots for the gpu to intake better...but if im gonna run an open box style system i might not need that ...any help would be greatly appreciated ..again thanks guys

#3 turbocrow

turbocrow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:15 PM

first gen copper cpu heat-sink is the best.

#4 killakill615

killakill615

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:48 AM

cool thanks ..its a good thing im using it then ....maybe i can keep this xenon running until the warranty on my jasper runs out ....oh joy biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users