#1 katuuuz

katuuuz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:00 PM

Long time no see. Hope all is well.

Now, I tried to browse best I could for help, but the search button is broken. Also, this is the closest-to-right place I could think of to post this.

Is there already a program for xbmc that allows netplay on original xbox games without microsoft's xbox live? (I believe the xbox live servers for the xbox 1 were shut down). Like away to use specific ports to play friends directly online?

I stumbled across gamespy's "tunnel" software that pretty much just opens ports on your router via your PC, and then you can turn on your xbox 1 and connect with friends. I would try this route, but something tells me it is possible to implement this basic program onto the xbox hard drive and run it through xbmc.
here is the link to gamespy's "tunnel": Tunnel

#2 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

The usual recommended software for this is XLink Kai - can't say I've heard of GameSpy's release before now, but it looks to be essentially the same thing.

It's not possible to run the tunneling software on the console itself, as X-Boxes can only run one program at a time. When the game starts up, the tunneling service would shut down.

DD-WRT can be used to run XLink on compatible wireless routers, though, which at least removes the PC from the equation... if that's an option for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users