shaunjohn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:11 PM

hello.....

1)i want to know if its possible to make a dvd with multiple playstation isos to play with my emulator

2)i cant burn backups of games i have...i have the isos, used 3 different burners, multiple media, and 4 different burning programs, all which wont recognize on the xbox......is there a setting that needs to be done to play burnt games.......i have a softmodded xbox with unleash x and xbmc as an app if that helps

#2 shaunjohn

shaunjohn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(shaunjohn @ Sep 22 2010, 11:11 AM) View Post

hello.....

1)i want to know if its possible to make a dvd with multiple playstation isos to play with my emulator

2)i cant burn backups of games i have...i have the isos, used 3 different burners, multiple media, and 4 different burning programs, all which wont recognize on the xbox......is there a setting that needs to be done to play burnt games.......i have a softmodded xbox with unleash x and xbmc as an app if that helps

also....also remote shared path not found or valid when i try to play the game....it also has a dvd icon if thats relevant

#3 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:43 PM

If you use the xbox file explorer and go to the d drive with the dvd inserted, what do you see?

1. It gives you an error that it can't read the disk
2. It shows you one big file xxxx.iso
3. It shows several files and folders, one being default.xbe
4. Something else....

If you explore the disk on your pc, what do you see then?

regards.

#4 shaunjohn

shaunjohn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:05 PM

1) d shows 0
2) i guess becomes irrelevant
3) as with 2
4) 0

just wanna say ty very much for taking the time to try and help me, i think i am burning wrong or something

my computer sees all the files that should be in the iso....also i have used an apple and an acer and an hp to burn 3 different types of media discs, and 4 burning programs

#5 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:27 PM

xbox dvd drives can be real picky about what medium they will read. Because of that, I hardly ever use the xbox dvd drive. I transfer all my game content to the 250 Gb xbox harddisk with an ftp client.
I never have dirty disk or load problems working that way.
Xman954 has once made a small tool that can map an iso like it is a real disk in a drive.
Using that, you can keep every game as one file on the disk.

It's hard to tell what media wil work and how you need to burn it.
It depends upon the brand of dvd rom in your xbox.
Sometimes, one brand of disks work, and another doesn't, even if they are burned the same way.

Have you tested with original xbox game disks? You can even test with a music cd(M$dash) or a movie dvd (xbmc).
If your dvd rom laser is on it's way out, it might have trouble reading those as well.

regards.

#6 shaunjohn

shaunjohn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:48 AM

i also realized that it wouldnt played burnt movies which are old even recognize them.....however it did read one game in file explorer as an iso but wouldnt allow me to click it.....are there possibly any settings that need to be rearranged

it did play normal games and movies with no problem.....could it be a setting thtat is keeping it from recognizing writables.....ive made 12 coasters and have 3 discs left and i wanna get one game working itd be worth it

Edited by shaunjohn, 23 September 2010 - 02:42 AM.

#7 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:06 AM

An X-Box bootable disc should not be readable in your PC (even if the PC burned the disc in the first place). If the PC shows the contents of your ISO on the disc, then you created the wrong type of ISO - use Qwix to make it. If the PC shows the actual ISO file on the disc, then you've created a data disc (instead of telling your burning program to write an image).

That said, no matter whether the image is of the right type or if you burnt is correctly, the console should be able to read something off each disc - the fact that it doesn't suggests the drive laser can't handle your choice of disc. Try different types of media and/or lower your burn speed. As a general rule, DVD-R seems to work best in the majority of consoles, but that may not be true for yours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users