• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 0o0GameSpace0o0

0o0GameSpace0o0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

Hi i'm new to this site and just thought i would share a video that i made getting the halo reach achievement
if they came to hear me beg. Alot of people was telling me how long it took them to get this but i managed to get it quite easy, have a look it might help you out.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ0d9UQY088

#2 trees415

trees415

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:49 AM

Dude, in that video, I saw you do maybe 4-5 attempts. Doing that exact same procedure, I have made at least 35-40 attempts to do that, and I can't F**king get the stupid effing assassination. Do you hold the Melee Button when you're flying through the air, or do you hold it right before you land, or do you just tap it right before you land on him? wtf is it that makes it so hard for me to get it right. Everytime, I either fall to my death, land on right on or behind the elite and do a non-lethal melee but survive the fall, or land on or behind him and do a lethal assassination exept I don't do the necessary cinematic type of assassination. Its driving me fu*king NUTS!!! what's the secret? Tell me now.

Edited by trees415, 26 September 2010 - 02:51 AM.

#3 milesk182

milesk182

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:17 AM

Um i tried this for about a week and finally figured out something. If you land on curved ground it will not kill you so it wont count. I have watched this video and copied it many times. I found that the dirt was the flattest compared to the grass. Try hitting the elite without assassinating him and you will see that you wont die on certain falls. When you do, u will know where to assassinate him. Hope that helps, It needs to be a flat ground not slanted at all. If your body SLIDES even a bit BEFORE YOU DIE it will not count! Goodluck.

#4 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE(trees415 @ Sep 25 2010, 09:49 PM) View Post

Dude, in that video, I saw you do maybe 4-5 attempts. Doing that exact same procedure, I have made at least 35-40 attempts to do that, and I can't F**king get the stupid effing assassination. Do you hold the Melee Button when you're flying through the air, or do you hold it right before you land, or do you just tap it right before you land on him? wtf is it that makes it so hard for me to get it right. Everytime, I either fall to my death, land on right on or behind the elite and do a non-lethal melee but survive the fall, or land on or behind him and do a lethal assassination exept I don't do the necessary cinematic type of assassination. Its driving me fu*king NUTS!!! what's the secret? Tell me now.

You get close to the edge, back off a little bit, then activate run and go towards where the elite was, jump at the edge, then when you are getting closer to the elite, deactivate the run ability and press and hold the melee button right before you are about hit him in the back. Took me about 3-4 tries and got it.

The most important thing is to deactivate run at the right time.

#5 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE(milesk182 @ Nov 2 2010, 05:17 PM) View Post

Um i tried this for about a week and finally figured out something. If you land on curved ground it will not kill you so it wont count. I have watched this video and copied it many times. I found that the dirt was the flattest compared to the grass. Try hitting the elite without assassinating him and you will see that you wont die on certain falls. When you do, u will know where to assassinate him. Hope that helps, It needs to be a flat ground not slanted at all. If your body SLIDES even a bit BEFORE YOU DIE it will not count! Goodluck.

im not sure it has to go with the ground so much as where you land relative to the elite, if you land ON the elite its not a fatal fall, so even if you get the cinematic assassination you dont get the achievement

also, as bong says you need to turn off sprint on the way down, because if you land while sprinting its not a fatal fall

i found it helpful to try to time it with the voiceover in the game, been a few weeks but IIRC i seemed to get the closest when jumping off just as emile says "race you to her"

too me about 3 solid hours of trying in order to get it, i have no idea how many times i jumped during that time lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users