• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ryan5rd

ryan5rd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:46 PM

I was just wondering how to get the auto update feature to work because my box, which is running freeboot .32 9199 is on my network for ftping, but i set it manually out of trhe dhcp range so it cant connect to the net.
Is there a way to allow fsd to connect to the net, but not nxe? because i assume if nxe get connect i would get banned instantly?

thanks!

#2 red_ring_of_box

red_ring_of_box

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:18 PM

I just disabled the Connect to Xbox Live option in NXE and then rebooted into FSD 2.0 and ran the auto update as well as the skin and game info updating process from the Xbox Live marketplace using FSD 2.0 and so far no 'direct' connection to XBL and no ban. Hope this helps.

BTW a normal jtag will last about 4 hours on XBL so you wont get banned instantly just make sure you don't connect again or sign into any live profiles while on XBL on your jtag, or even offline for that matter as the title IDs of homebrew games are saved into your profile there are mixed reports on getting banned from doing this but if you want to stay 100% safe on Live then just use retail 360s and live profiles and keep jtag offline with offline profiles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users