• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 lpcpunk

lpcpunk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:52 PM

So i've had this, what i thought was dead xbox laying on my floor for a few months, today decided i would check out and see if i could get it repaired on CL, then i found this article about usb plug's metal touching the ground and consoles not powering on because of it, sure enough that is what was wrong with it. upon powering on i got a error 75 which was to do with the network chip, noticed a stray broken piece of solder, moved it into the right position and i was able to boot into the dashboard. my next issue was the dvd drive, it was jammed, found a tutorial, fixed it. now i have on last issue, every time i put a disc in, weather it be a game, dvd, audio cd, it tries to read it for only a moment, then restarts the xbox.

any ideas?

#2 superfireball123

superfireball123

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:23 PM

Is there anything loose in the drive or is the disc damaged?

#3 lpcpunk

lpcpunk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:40 AM

i had to open the drive up to fix it because it was jamming, no matter what kind of disc i try, it just reboots w/o even really trying to read it at all. it's probably 1-2 seconds after it's closed that it restarts. =(

#4 lpcpunk

lpcpunk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:43 PM

bummmmp

#5 superfireball123

superfireball123

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:46 PM

Do you remember what the original problem was? Or was this it?

#6 ravendrow

ravendrow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:18 AM

sounds to me like there is a short in the drive.... if the dvd drive loses power for even a second it will force reboot your 360 you can replicate this by unplugging your dvd drive while the 360 is powered on. my recommendation to you is to swap dvd drives out that should fix the problem

#7 lpcpunk

lpcpunk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:50 AM

I will try replacing the drive, question though, I have a lite-on drive and would like to replace it with a benq because i can flash it w/o any extra hardware via this guide: http://team-xecuter....ead.php?t=50182

1. CAN I replace it with a benq w/o any extra hardware
2. once i do, what version of iXtreame do I use on the benq, the benq version or the liteon version?
3. is this benq drive easily flashable: http://www.buy.com/p.../215988565.html ?

thanks!

M.

#8 superfireball123

superfireball123

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:52 PM

you can do it but use Benq firmware but you have to get the key out of the liteon

#9 lpcpunk

lpcpunk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

Thank you so much for your help! I'm gonna try the xbox with my roommate's dvd drive which is the exact same model. I will let you know how it goes =)

#10 lpcpunk

lpcpunk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:18 PM

Will I still need the ck3 probe to read the key off of the lite on drive to put on the benq?

Cause if i get that, I might as well just get another lite on drive, i just wanted to avoid having to buy extra hardware.

#11 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:07 AM

depends on what kind of liteon drive. has it been modded b4?

#12 lpcpunk

lpcpunk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:51 AM

the drive is a 74850c fw version lite on.

i'm not sure if it's been modded before, i picked up the xbox from some dude who was trying to scam me, i'm wondering if he tried flashing firmware to it and it failed? or if it's just the drive being defective itself, i read some article about a guy who was trying to flash one and this exact issue arose, anytime a disc is put in, it just restarts, and upon boot up and in the dashboard the green light over the power just flashes?

i grabbed my roommates xbox and put it in and dvds loaded fine =), of course games don't load (his firmware is flashed) so that's a good start, just basically need to know if i can read the dvd key w/o tools or not.

thanks.

#13 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:20 AM

well, open it up and look to see what he pcb in the drive looks like.

#14 octane_xcv

octane_xcv

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:01 AM

Mine has been doing this as well sad.gif It started within a week of flashing the drive, so it is most likely a bad connection or something. I've read that if the connection to the drive is lost, even for a moment, the Xbox will automatically reboot itself. If anyone has any extra info though, that would be good.

#15 yuhbgvro

yuhbgvro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:41 AM

Inner Focus Please notice that Inner Focus only removes the mana cost of certain spells now. You won't be able to use it with Divine Hymn anymore or going to Buy WOW Gold. But don't think that means you shouldn't take it well, actually, you don't really need it for 4.0.1, but you will in Cataclysm. With a reduced cooldown and WOW Gold, the new Inner Focus is a staple ability in order to cast Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing without fear of going OOM. I use it whenever it's off cooldown nowadays. That is the most easy and fast way to buy Cheap WOW Gold in the world. We will replay you as soon as possible.Rapture The latest buff to Rapture is just another reason to take these always mandatory talents. Borrowed Time For a fleeting moment (build 13033), it looked like Holy priests would be able to grab this spell, but that was corrected in 13066.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users