Photo

Xbox Scene Becoming Worse?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: Have the xbox scene forum gotten worse from when you first joined?

Have the xbox scene forum gotten worse from when you first joined?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 08:10 AM

dssripper you are putting personal things forward, because you say you spend 99% of the time in the general forum, you think everyone does? I hardly am in the general forum anymore, first thing I check is the mod forum...

At another forum that I am at, there are plenty of moderators/admin around, and if they spot anything wrong [for example flaming] they will put that person in a thread called detention. Then they cannot enter any other part of the forum till they are out. They have 3 strikes, first is 24hrs, etc, etc.... But also the sign up process is limited now, rather than straight forward like xbox scene [think you got to pay for it now].

Edited by the_Watchers_eye, 04 July 2003 - 08:12 AM.

#62 bong888

bong888

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • Interests:I travel alot and am interested in a good time <br> - what i realy find interesting is the mind

Posted 04 July 2003 - 08:27 AM

detention, not a bad idea , although does bring back my every day experience at school

#63 dssripper

dssripper

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (the_Watchers_eye @ Jul 4 2003, 05:10 AM)
dssripper you are putting personal things forward, because you say you spend 99% of the time in the general forum, you think everyone does? I hardly am in the general forum anymore, first thing I check is the mod forum...

At another forum that I am at, there are plenty of moderators/admin around, and if they spot anything wrong [for example flaming] they will put that person in a thread called detention. Then they cannot enter any other part of the forum till they are out. They have 3 strikes, first is 24hrs, etc, etc.... But also the sign up process is limited now, rather than straight forward like xbox scene [think you got to pay for it now].

I am not implying that everyone spends their time
in the general forum. I am saying that ALOT of
members hang out here because their xbox is
not their peak interest at the moment.
I am trying to say that general chat is
a very popular place because people who
have joined the site have other interests
besides the xbox. If people don't like
the general forum then don't visit. It's a personal
choice.

Dss

#64 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (bong888 @ Jul 4 2003, 10:27 AM)
detention, not a bad idea , although does bring back my every day experience at school

Some people don't seem to get enough

#65 Mage

Mage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 04 July 2003 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (dssripper @ Jul 4 2003, 02:08 AM)
I agree that everyone is not here to view
the "silly antics" of the general forum.
But, I have to wonder if they closed
the general forum down, what would
you do Mage? Your post count is 62%
in the General Forum. The xbox is
what gave us our common interest.
If 2 people become friends because
they share 1 interest, they wont stay
friends unless other interests and ideas are discussed.
Does that make sense? I am saying
if you close off all other subjects other
than xbox, no matter how great that subject is,
people are going to lose interest.

Dss

Yep, that percentage has been going down over the last few months, as I post more in other forums compared to general chat.

The difference is I wouldn't mind if general chat is gone, I am not that partial to it.
Not to mention many threads that have existed in general chat were indeed about the xbox, so you cannot try simple logic of 62% in general chat is equal to 62% not about xbox.

#66 Hidden

Hidden

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Hacking, Web-Hacking, Networking, Network Security, XBOX Cracking, Software Cracking, Programming...

Posted 04 July 2003 - 04:15 PM

Well i havent even been here a month and well... yea a little, less people come in because of several wars... recentally regarding one with a Very Very well known member....

But people just have to stick tough times out, either not come on, or just shutup and listen... Theres flames in almost ever thread.. although some will break into wars most dont...

I think the site is getting better and better now that ALL people are taking action and watching themselves... personally i dont know if they did the house clean yet or not.. but if they did then for all the people still here should know what im talking about and should probally agree with me...

But yet no matter how bad this site gets... Theres some of us (me) that will always be here and work for a better place... For those who took the time to read this are most likely the *behaved* ones and for those who get in trouble here dont take any of this offensively...

So cheers beerchug.gif and have a happy 4th

Hidden

#67 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 July 2003 - 04:35 PM

IMHO the scene is on a up...the bumpage of old threads and hulk hogan etc have made this place better than ever!

#68 sulfur

sulfur

Super Xbox Saiyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 July 2003 - 04:44 PM

the General Chat forum = complete crap.
the only thing we have good is the modding forums.

#69 Hidden

Hidden

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Hacking, Web-Hacking, Networking, Network Security, XBOX Cracking, Software Cracking, Programming...

Posted 04 July 2003 - 04:54 PM

the General Chat forum = complete crap.
the only thing we have good is the modding forums.

No not entirely theres some funny or intelligent helpful good topics out there and i post ONLY in the general chat and comedy forums and occasionly in some others but if you think that.. Xbox Mod has been taking action(and many others) to make this a better place smile.gif

#70 RinGz

RinGz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, girls, music, games, movies, electronics, parties, beer

Posted 05 July 2003 - 08:21 PM

dude, this is the only forum I ever visit, and I love it. There's a little bit of everything, even if there is the 'occasional' flame and stupid people. It's still a kick ass forum.

#71 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 July 2003 - 08:24 PM

Yeah, I can't believe the number of people that voted no. If you really meant that you would not be around anymore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users