6 replies to this topic

#1 SNAAAKE

SNAAAKE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:09 PM

is xbox360 strong enough to run naomi emulators? any of the developers here can shed some lights?? this is the newest release for windows. maybe someday someone will port this?

http://www.emuhq.com...010/09/01/14321

#2 BrooksyX

BrooksyX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

The 360 should have no problem emulating the dreamcast. The only problem is we need some one to port an emulator over to it.

#3 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:26 PM

Knowledge and desire are the only things I think holding back 360 Dev/Emulation. If the 360 can emulate a Pentium 3 architectured Xbox 1, it should have the power to emulate Dreamcast, Playstation, Game Cube and even Wii should be possible. I'm sure the Xbox 1 had more balls than the Nintendo Wii.

#4 SNAAAKE

SNAAAKE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:28 AM

they both about about the same balls lol

xbox1 emulator is microsoft's own so it obviously works better. but yeah if you think about it dreamcast games should run full speed if anyone ever tried porting a dc emulator ohmy.gif

#5 nightwishfan1

nightwishfan1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

Apparantly the Wii does have the balls to emulate it. A few Wii homebrew devs are actually working on it. They claim they can get full speed as well if they go with a dynarec core for the emulator. You also mention playstation? If you mean the PS1 then they already have it as well. Not full game compatibility yet, but the emulator has had a few beta revisions, and once they iron out everything the compatibility will get better.

Anyways it's gonna take more than wishful thinking to get me to jtag my 360. If more interested coders could get a hold of dev kits, and make the emulators everyone wants I'd easily jump ship for the homebrew I'd like to see.

#6 SNAAAKE

SNAAAKE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

hmm..wonder whats more practical. a new emulator just for dreamcast/naomi or maybe fbanext would be be able to run those games. any coders wanna shed some lights? just curious.

I know its not happening any time soon but fbanext itself was came out FAST ohmy.gif we can always hope for a release..

#7 SNAAAKE

SNAAAKE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:06 AM

has anyone looked into this?

I should post on logic sunrise forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users