• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Team Xlink

Team Xlink

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:50 PM

I recently TSOP flashed my Xbox, I installed an unlocked 80gb hard drive through Xboxhdm v1.9.

IT is working but I think the sizes of the partitions are wrong, here is why:

All stock Xbox's come with a Hard Drive that only has eight gigabytes it formatted, some come with a ten gigabyte hard drive but the two extra gigabytes are not formatted.

I installed an 80gb hard drive, so my F partion should be roughly 72gb but it is only 24,614 MB.

How would I fix it?

If it helps at all, I Flashed the iND-BiOS.5003.67.bin.

Thank you.

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:16 PM

make sure you dont have the 32gb cap jumper set on the drive, and reformat F with xbpartitioner

#3 Team Xlink

Team Xlink

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Oct 3 2010, 05:16 PM) View Post

make sure you dont have the 32gb cap jumper set on the drive, and reformat F with xbpartitioner

What do you mean 32gb cap jumper?

The jumpers on the drive are set for 15 head cable select.

I will reformat the partition to see if it fixes anything.

Thank you.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:11 AM

Older computer BIOSes didn't understand disks larger than 32GB, so some disks have a jumper that limits them to 32GB for compatibility. A quick Google for your disk part number should get you a manual with a picture of the jumper settings, to confirm if yours is one with a switchable 32GB limit and show you how to change it.

#5 Team Xlink

Team Xlink

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 4 2010, 05:11 AM) View Post

Older computer BIOSes didn't understand disks larger than 32GB, so some disks have a jumper that limits them to 32GB for compatibility. A quick Google for your disk part number should get you a manual with a picture of the jumper settings, to confirm if yours is one with a switchable 32GB limit and show you how to change it.

I got it fixed, sort of.

I had the jumpers setup for 15 head cable select, but I need it set to 16 head cable select so after I did that xxbpartitioner detected a larger but still not correct partition. It detected 67.07gbs.

I formatted it and went back to my dashboard where it said it was the same size as before, I spent an hor messing with the settings, it didn't help that xbpartioner was about 3 inches off of the screen on all sides.

I didn't know what was wrong, I searched google and I tried the ftp raw commands that some said to do, but those didn't work.

I eventually locked my hard drive and then tried it, "Yeah!" it worked, it turns out xbpartitioner only works with a locked hard drive.

I still would like to fix it, right now the partition is wrong, it is supposed to be 70gbs, it is only 67.07gbs, but this is better then it was before.

Thank you.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE(Team Xlink @ Oct 5 2010, 01:29 AM) View Post
I eventually locked my hard drive and then tried it, "Yeah!" it worked, it turns out xbpartitioner only works with a locked hard drive.

That's just not true - XBPartitioner works on locked and unlocked drives. You must have done something else at the same time.

QUOTE(Team Xlink @ Oct 5 2010, 01:29 AM) View Post

It detected 67.07gbs.

That's about right. Computer software works in multiples of 1024 bytes, whereas disk manufacturers work in conventional decimal. An 80GB disk is actually 74.5 GiB as far as the computer (i.e. your Xbox) is concerned. Take the stock 8GB (7.45 GiB) from that and you get 67 GiB, which is what your Xbox is reporting.

Edited by Heimdall, 05 October 2010 - 02:38 AM.

#7 Team Xlink

Team Xlink

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 4 2010, 08:55 PM) View Post

That's just not true - XBPartitioner works on locked and unlocked drives. You must have done something else at the same time.
That's about right. Computer software works in multiples of 1024 bytes, whereas disk manufacturers work in conventional decimal. An 80GB disk is actually 74.5 GiB as far as the computer (i.e. your Xbox) is concerned. Take the stock 8GB (7.45 GiB) from that and you get 67 GiB, which is what your Xbox is reporting.

Oh, I always that that the amount advertised for the hard drive was actual converted to mb, not rounded, thank you for the information@

Also, I don't remember doing anything differen't but if I did, it worked and now its working great!

Thank you veyr much for your help!

#8 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE(Team Xlink @ Oct 6 2010, 05:45 PM) View Post

Oh, I always that that the amount advertised for the hard drive was actual converted to mb, not rounded, thank you for the information@

Also, I don't remember doing anything differen't but if I did, it worked and now its working great!
Thank you veyr much for your help!

its not a matter of rounding, its just binary vs decimal calculations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users