X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:softmods, xbox linux,
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:50 AM

i downloaded the artwork files for mednafens nes emu. i dumped the files all into the "artwork" folder (over 10,000 files - ugh i dont even have that many roms)

i started up mednaf to checkout the boxart displays like i see in screenshots, and lo-and-behold, nothing changed - my mednaf is still uber boring looking.

any tips on taking full advantage of the mednaf emu?

#2 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE(worldwhore3 @ Oct 4 2010, 12:50 AM) View Post

i downloaded the artwork files for mednafens nes emu. i dumped the files all into the "artwork" folder (over 10,000 files - ugh i dont even have that many roms)

i started up mednaf to checkout the boxart displays like i see in screenshots, and lo-and-behold, nothing changed - my mednaf is still uber boring looking.

Hey, you might want to check out the Xtras forum and ask there (see my signature for more info)

#3 ultimate509

ultimate509

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE(worldwhore3 @ Oct 3 2010, 04:50 PM) View Post

Hey Whore..heh heh so youv already got the latest emu and you put all the artwork in its respective folder...
now follow these steps....
go into "Configuration" then "Change Default Directories" now make sure your emus media files are all set-up correct..just go into "Set Media Directories" and the first line up top says media just make that point to your emulators media folder (Mednafenx_Nes/Media) all the rest will pretty much happen automatically after you do that,now go back to the emus main page and go into "Configure Skin" then "Load Skin Configuration" now pick out 1 of the many presets thats made available...now exit and go to your games select screen to see if youv done it all correct...Im away from my xbox atm so sorry if this made no sense...but Im sure Iv gave you enough info to figure it out...

#4 worldwhore3

worldwhore3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:15 AM

thanks ulti, i'll update after i do what you suggest - i'll let ya know if it works or not!

thanks! i'll be around!

#5 worldwhore3

worldwhore3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

ok, so i did what you said, ulti, and well, nothing happened.

my roms are sorted into seperate folders, i.e. World, USA, Japan, etc.

all roms end in the annoying (!) / (u) / etc.

i renamed one picture to match the name of a ROM and it still changed nothing.

is there a torrent i can download of this kinda stuff just "ready to go"? i really dont get why there isn't.

lets face it, mediafire and stuff blows - we should stop using those services because most people are not paying for accounts there - i'm not, thats for sure.

so anyway, if its a matter of file naming, let me know what i should do. how should they all look, all ill need is one example of roms names/paths & pic names and paths.

and if anyone has a torrent i'd appreciate it.

disclaimer: im not looking for any pircay, mods. thanks for your understanding. im not giving away site links for torrents, etc.

#6 trailervert

trailervert

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:33 PM

Hey, I dont know about using the games sub folders, I keep all my roms in one directory.

I think that may be what is messing yours up. The rom name HAS to match the pic name or it wont work.

http://www.ressurectionxtras.net

the forums give you all the info you need.

#7 jorgefh

jorgefh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:27 PM

I agree with trailvert, the problem seems to be that you have different names for the roms and for the artwork. Xtras have custom naming, and you have goodtools set of roms. If it doesnt match it doesnt shows, the subfolders doesnt matter.

you have to rename the roms or the artwork (i recommend to rename the roms)

and yes, there are packs "ready to go" in some torrent sites and usenet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users