• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 engagemedia

engagemedia

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

Ok, seriously, I have checked the beginners guide and have been looking everywhere for an answer. I feel like a retard. Yell at me if you want. I am trying to get snes9x to work on my xbox. Here's the background. Softmodded and running latest xbmc. I've downloaded snes9x, it has all the files needed, for example the default.xbe file. I have FTP'd all those files over to E:\emus\snes. Roms are in the snes folder in a roms folder. I've tried putting them in E:\emulators\snes. Go into the xbox go to programs and snes, shows all of the contents of the folder, minus anything that is not a folder. Do i need some sort of launcher? According to the guide, I load and go. Please help.

#2 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:20 PM

What happens when you try to launch the XBE file?

#3 engagemedia

engagemedia

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:36 PM

The default.xbe does not even show up in the list. For example I am using the Aeon skin. I go to games and it asks to add source. I go to browse find the snes folder under e:\emulators and it gives me a list of the folders that are in it, no other file. I know I have to be missing a small step here. Thanks for the help, btw.

#4 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:49 PM

Well.... it's definitely not a problem with your emulator itself (yet)

Hopefully somebody who knows more about XBMC off the top of their head can answer how to set the emus up. I did most of that years ago and haven't thought about it since. I can say that I've only used the PM3 and XBox360 skins before and that each skin behaves a bit differently. From what I remember though, setting up emus in both of those skins was a pretty easy process. Can't speak for Aeon though.

Let me know if you have problems with the emu when you launch it. It should be good though. You'll really want to make sure you have the newest version of the emu and also that you have both SNES emus. Each one has problems playing certain games, but you can pretty much play anything you've ever wanted to using both.

Good luck,
~Rx

#5 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(engagemedia @ Oct 7 2010, 04:36 PM) View Post

The default.xbe does not even show up in the list. For example I am using the Aeon skin. I go to games and it asks to add source. I go to browse find the snes folder under e:\emulators and it gives me a list of the folders that are in it, no other file. I know I have to be missing a small step here. Thanks for the help, btw.

sne9x is old very old in fact use zsnexbox 3.7 or use xsne9xbox for snes emulation,it sounds like you possibly are missing a file or one of your files did not copy over properly to your xbox hdd.

#6 engagemedia

engagemedia

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:59 PM

Mark this case solved. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users